Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Massive fire at Alfa Auto Clinic, Baldwin NY

15K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  lgbalfa 
#1 ·
Saturday 01/03/2009 4pm

Horrible news. One of the best alfa shops on Long Island.

Here is a link to a video from Youtube.

#3 ·
What a shame! First Giuseppe, of Alfa Import Center, moves to North Carolina, then this happens to the other Giuseppe in Baldwin. Not many choices left on Long Island for having Alfas repaired.

#5 ·
I believe both Giuseppes are still in operation and probably need more support now then ever.

#6 ·
Per one of the BB members (I got an e-mail), despite the fire, the Alfa Auto Clinic is operating... Let's spread the word...

Best regards,

#8 ·
Giuseppe Lore (Alfa Import Center) is also still in business and will be probably through end of February. Giuseppe Lore has reached out and offered to Giuseppe DePaulo (Lore's cousin) use of Alfa Imports Center's shop/ work bays, his truck and trailer etc.

and yes, they both could use our support more than ever.

#10 ·
It's a very sad event. I just had a significant amount of work done at Alfa Sportscar to my project Milano, have been going there since 1979.

It's almost impossible to get really good, knowledgeable repair work done on Alfa Romeos, some tasks require esoteric tools, etc., to say nothing of the unprecedented camaraderie which is itself priceless, as the saying goes.

We all need this shop to continue. All hands on deck!

Please, if you have nothing nice to say, stay away from this topic.

#11 ·
i was working in farmingdale today so i decided to stop by the alfa auto clinic.

i saw giuseppe and spoke with him for a minutes.

seeing the shop in the condition it was made me feel terrible.

the shop is not open and it won't be open at that location for a while.

he said that he might try to find a temporary location to work out of until he figures out what to do permanently.

most importantly at least no one got hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.