Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa featured marque at 2010 Northwest Historics

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AlfaMale164S 
#1 ·
Alfa Romeo will be the featured marque at this year's Northwest Historic races on July 4th weekend (Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts) and featured in the Kirkland Concours held on September 12th (http://www.kirklandconcours.com/)as a separate class (4. Alfa-Romeo Sports Cars ). No word as yet on the Italian Concours to be held on September 5th though I suspect Alfa will be the featured marque as well (though stranger things could/and have happened).

Probably would be a good idea to get these events on the club calender and start pushing them in the newsletter in hopes of getting a decent turnout. The Northwest Historics have always seemed like a sleeper event compared to Monterey, but the Kirkland show has been really catching on.

Alfoonery

#2 ·
Other worthwhile Northwest Alfa related event - FIAT Enthusiasts of the Northwest (FEN) (Welcome to FIAT Enthusiasts Northwest) Third Annual All-Italian Car Show at the Issaquah Triple X Root Beer Drive-in in April (25th?). This event probably has grown faster then any other Italian car related event in the northwest in the last three years. Also the best place see the greatest variety of Italian cars in one place.

Another date worth adding to the club calender.....

Alfoonery

#3 ·
Thanks Gary -
The FEN XXX show should be in the calendar for the next issue, as I just posted it to the NWARC board. I had not heard about the other events, but there is a "prime mover"of the Italian Concours on the bb (are you reading Mike?, Or still polishing the new Countach?:D)
I'll make sure the board and Fred get the information. Thanks!!!

#5 ·
(are you reading Mike?, Or still polishing the new Countach?:D)
That would be an Audi my friend (please notice that I did not say buddy). The thing about Mr. Lamborghini is that he complained of Mr. Ferrari's braking characteristics. Boy is there a difference between applying a wee bit of the brakes at 120 and having a desire to come to a complete stop. And Audi suffered greatly in the horsepower department and so sure...why not absorb Lamborghini who has perfected horsepower only in an effort to move a 5,000 lb chassis down a straight road. Go figure...

#6 ·
Wrong Mike, Mike.

#7 · (Edited)
Yep, I'm here! Just came in from working on the Countach! hahahaha... Actually, I did change the clutch slave cylinder. Very easy and inexpensive job (seriously! It was only $52.00!). The other was working fine, but was showing signs of getting a small leak. I figured for that price, I'll change it out. And, it only takes about 20 minutes to do! Very, VERY easy to replace!!! Unlike the clutch, with is an "engine out" job and about $8000.00. Thank God I don't have to worry about that yet.

Greg and I spoke tonight (Fred, I just got your message), and it looks like Alfa will be the featured marque at the Italian Concours this year. Seemed like the thing to do since it's Alfa's 100 year anniversary this year!

More details to come......

#8 ·
Thanks Mike -
And....
I really think you should contact (countach?) Simon and revise your handle. Jalpa is really no longer appropriate!!!

#9 ·
Kent, WA or Milano

Let's see spend a weekend in Kent, WA or go to Milano for Alfa's 100th? Sign up at
Alfisti.com, Welcome
Alfa puts on a great party Gordy, now is the time to go. I tried to get some northwesterners to go to the Mille Miglia a few years back and they said no the Euro's too high. Spend your $$$'s while you can, with our debt they won't buy pesos in a few years.
Emmo

#10 ·
I now have the Tulip Rallye, All Italian Gathering, Italian Concours d'Elegance, and Kirkland Councours added to the next NWARC newsletter calendar. I plan to evangelize each of these events through out this 100th burthday year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.