Alfa Romeo Forums banner

New Year's Day Anti-Football, Alfa Romeo Drive

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  alfafredly 
#1 ·
So....
Is there going to be one this (next) year? Who's planning the route?
It's only a month away!!!

#2 ·
Well, the news is out. There will be a New Year's Day, Anti-Football Drive.

I plan to lead the drive. We'll start at the Northgate Shopping Center, Barnes & Noble (NW Corner of the mall) at 8:30 AM. The store claims to be open at that point so getting coffee or snacks should be possible.

Our path will take us to the Edmonds-Kingston Ferry. We'll catch the 9:20 AM boat out of Edmonds. For those "west siders" wanting to meet us in Kingston, we'll regroup just before 10 AM at the Kingston Thriftway Store.

Next we'll wander up to Port Townsend, enjoy lunch, and a little time in town. Then we head south following Hood Canal and finding good Alfa Romeo roads. We'll make a stop or two along the way, eventually crossing the new Tacoma Narrows Bridge and then back up to Seattle around 6 PM.

The weather cannot be very predictable in winter, and we may have to cancel if there is snow or ice the day of this event. I will send out an e-mail to the NWARC e-mail list, and post to this site, an update on the day before. Let's hope for the best!

#4 ·
Kathy and I will meet you in Kingston as well coming up from Olympia. Anyone one to join us from the South?

Spider will have new shoes to break in too!

#6 ·
We can meet at our house off Steamboat Island road or meet at the exit off 101. Cool there must be some others for the run from South Sound?

#11 ·
The weather report shows rain... so in the Northwest that means all is good.

Starting point on the Seattle side is the NW corner of Northgate Mall at 8:30 AM... then onto the 9:20 AM Edmonds Ferry. For those meeting us on the west side of the boat ride... 9:45 AM target at the Kingston Market grocery store in Kingston.

See you tomorrow as we drive a few backroads to Port Townsend, then around Hood Canal, and home!

#13 ·
Passenger wanted...

Anybody want to ride with me in the Milano? I'm starting from Redmond to the rendezvous point at Northgate Mall.

Mirko 206.795.0861

#14 ·
Anybody want to ride with me in the Milano? I'm starting from Redmond to the rendezvous point at Northgate Mall.

Mirko 206.795.0861
If you've not reponded to Mirko by now you're either too old or too slow (or both!)
See you in the a.m. - I got the caffeine, you've got the 'ludes:rolleyes:

#18 ·
Paul -
We called for the sun, just to impress you!!
It did, however, rain on the New Year's Day Alfa Anti-Football parade!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.