Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2009 Italian Concours d' Elegance

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Jalpa_Mike 
#1 ·
Terrible wet weather for the event today. Still, an impressive showing of cars including some great Alfa Romeos at Des Moines Marina.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words and to everyone who came out for the Italian Concours! What a day!!!! Periods of sun following by "rain of biblical proportions!" hahahahaha....

I think I am still drying to dry myself off and get warm!

The tear-down of the site after the event went pretty quick, thanks the efforts of the Des Moines Marina Staff! Everything was tore down, placed the POD, and we rolled off the site at 6:45. Best thing was, it didn't rain while we did it! That was nice to be able to have some sun during that time to dry things out! But at 7:15pm on the drive home, another rain squall blew in and Mary and I drove the Maserati & Lamborghini home using paddles and oars. :)

One of the highlights of my day was taking Cole (Make-A-Wish child) around showing him the cool cars!! Many thanks to Roy, Kevin, Jim Clark and Sharon Crosetto for letting him sit inside their cars! I think Cole will have a smile on his face for LONG time! Despite the rain and low public turnout, we still raised over $2500.00 for Make-A-Wish! Thank you so much for your generosity!!

After looking at my counts again last night, we had 94 Cars, Motorcycles, Scooters and bikes on the field. All I can say is, Thanks once again to all of you who took the time and effort to come out. That sort of turn-out coupled with the rain was simply amazing!! We even had folks register "the day of show"! Despite the rain, they still wanted to come down! AMAZING!!!

Planning has already begun for next years show, September 5th 2010 at the Des Moines marina.

Here was a few shots I took of Cole, and my wife made the one of John and Fred coming in with the 250TR(offered with the rare "soft top" option).

Congrats to all the award winners!!!

See everyone soon!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.