Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Final PR Track Event - What a blast!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mfx8898 
#1 ·
What a perfect day we had yesterday, lots of cars, great weather, and no on/off track incidents! Thanks to everyone who came out to play, and particularly to all our volunteers who make these evens possible.

A personal thanks to ChrisB for his hands-on (or "feet-on") sales consultation for new brakes... and a HUGE thanks to FredW for allowing me to experience the awesomeness of a Pro3 drive...!!

Also, just wanted to find out if anyone has pictures of the day to share... not only in terms of posting here on the board but also to send to Fred Russell for inclusion in the Iniezione newsletter (he's looking for some good shots).

Thanks. Ciao.... Mirko

#2 ·
Turn Two - not a great place for pictures:mad:
(And I was busy trying to stay awake during the incident-free day.):D

#3 · (Edited)
A few photos...but only two Alfas

I took a set of photos of the B group in the afternoon (I think it was session #3). but there was only one Alfa running:

This Alfa made an appearance in the paddock while I was snapping that session on the track:

The owner dropped by to pick up his award (from the Portland national convention last month). Apparently he got an award for showing up. LOL. Just kidding. Beautiful car.

I did hear one person (a Porsche guy no doubt) say this while approaching the car:

"It kind of reminds me of a Supra."

I thought this: Ban that guy for life from Alfa events.

In any event, I uploaded a few photos to my Picasa account here:

Picasa folder of NW Alfa Track Day Pics

If anyone wants a complete set of photos for a particular car, PM me.

It was a great day. My most enjoyable in awhile. I have some video of passes happening in the kink that I'll try to get to this weekend. Should make for a kind of cool in-car clip. We'll see. If they're any good, I'll post.

But there was one incident. That yellow Audi had some turbo coupling problems or something approaching 5A and we got a red flag as a result in session 2. Otherwise, it was a very clean set of sessions. Thank you Thomas for running a tight ship!

Here are a couple other photos for the lazy:

You kids need to run one 10-minute Alfa-only session right before lunch so I can snap pictures of all the Alfas streaming by.

#5 ·
I did hear one person (a Porsche guy no doubt) say this while approaching the car:

"It kind of reminds me of a Supra."

I thought this: Ban that guy for life from Alfa events.
Next time let him know how much his 911 reminds you of VW's "People Car" (and of their actual shared heritage...) :p

#4 · (Edited)
Here's a video chasing a Red Alfa Romeo Milano

This was sometime in the second half of the A Group's Session #1.

Pretty sure Chris Benny's black Milano was right behind me here (or sometime during this general sequence).

You might like this too [three views of getting through the kink (in the clear, passing a car, and getting passed)]:

It's a woot. That late-model Chevy tube frame car was FAST.

If you go to me YouTube channel (here: YouTube - mysvtftoy's Channel), you can view HD versions of these video snippets. Flip HD FTW! This little thing is perfect for recreational lapping in-car cam videos. The new videos are just much better compared to my miniDV recordings. Highly recommended. I can get 2 hours of continuous taping into the built-in memory -- perfect for most track days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.