Fuel Pump Pushrod - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Pump Pushrod

I`m on the hunt for an inner pushrod for an early 4cyl engine-fits 1300, 1600, early 1750`s where fuel pump mounted at 45 deg to the engine-they use 2 rods as angle from oil pump is changed before it gets to fuel pump. Dimensions are 6.5mm dia by 50mm length. (outer rod is narrower and 2mm longer)
Does anyone have one they want to sell?
(Is for the 1750 engine in my Giulia Ti which we are converting back to mechanical pump in the interests of appearing more original and not wanting to tax the generator charging system too much).

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV,`84 GTV6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Hi Richard, I have one of them,in fact both,email me
Ciao
Hans
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:45 PM

PS, have you had a look at teh Mistral with gtv running gear at Macdonald Classic?, if so, care to give an opinion?
Hans

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Hans I went to our Skope Classic on Saturday and that Mistral was there on display. Running I think a 1750 and looked like a Toyota Celica box from what I could see (that`s what we used to use in the "old days" mated to the Alfa bellhousing. Car looked to be in great condition -I hadn`t seen or heard of it before but Alfa grille in front drew my attention. I sold some parts to a chap in Shirley who dismantled a tidy 1750 Berlina for the engine and was into Mistrals and told me the engine was going into a Mistral so suspect this car built by him. My son who was with me and also has "the virus" suggested we buy it so I go racing again(and him I really suspect) It is something we have also thought about -building and racing something like this. Didn`t get to start it or hear it run though but I`d say highly likely to be ok as MacDonalds reputation good.
How much do you want for that inner pushrod? -The outer is fine it is just that on the Giulia Ti we have which I am reconverting back to mechanical fuel pump the inner pushrod was missing and I suspect that is why the conversion was done in the first place because they thought the mechanical pump was stuffed (as I did) because you could see the outer pushrod sticking out and so assumed the inner item was there-wasn`t until I fitted new pump and then investigated further as to why that wasn`t working that I found what was missing-never pays to assume anything working on old cars does it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Richard, just send me your address and I'll put the rod in the post, lucky I kept it as it came from a 1300 I'm turning into a coffee table and to keep my parts a little more same I'm only keeping 2 litre parts, although I have just picked up a 1750 motor.
The Mistral is interesting, I have a 1750 round tail spider shell that I would like to turn into something similar, this would be cheaper and easier although ultimately not so desirable, but you could race it straight away.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Hans I`ve posted details via your private messages. That round tail Spider shell sounds interesting but isn`t it too valuable to turn into a race car? Where was the 1750 engine from-another trademe purchase?

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, 69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 06:15 PM

Its in the mail. Round tail would be valuable if I spent $30k restoring it, 1750 or 1.8 is a 75 motor in the parts Alfetta i have here at the moment, interested in seeing if its a old 1750 or a small bore 2 litre
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Hans thanks.
That 1750 is the same bore & stroke as the old 1750s in 105`s, Alfetta`s and Giulietta`s,- small change to porting in later 116`s and better cams than the very very early 1750`s as would have been in your boatail Spider. I`d still be tempted to restore Hans-how bad is it really? If it were a later Kamm tail Spider that would be different but a boatail well...

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 PM

The body is not too bad, but I got it as a box of bits, it was not complete, then I sold off a lot of bits and got my money back so what I have is the body, some running gear, the dash ( LHD ) and the tailights, door handles and hopefully the bits inside the doors that make them work. And how cool would it be to have something like this as a trackday car, especially if you could drive it to the track.
Attached Images

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

It would be very cool indeed. Did you put a bid on that Duetto down in Dunedin?

Richard J

`65 Giulia TI, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 03:23 PM

Not seriuosly.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 05:40 PM

Hi i just got a 67 duetto barn find and have been going though the engine and found the fuel pump push rods were missing. i have another set of push rods coming along with a spare pump and miscellaneous parts, when i go to install it what push rod do i put in first?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

The fatter short one goes in first .

Richard J
'65 Giulia Ti, '69 GT Junior, '74 2000 GTV, '76 Alfetta GTV, '77 Alfetta GTV.`00 156
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavirusnz View Post
I`m on the hunt for an inner pushrod for an early 4cyl engine-fits 1300, 1600, early 1750`s where fuel pump mounted at 45 deg to the engine-they use 2 rods as angle from oil pump is changed before it gets to fuel pump. Dimensions are 6.5mm dia by 50mm length. (outer rod is narrower and 2mm longer)
Does anyone have one they want to sell?
(Is for the 1750 engine in my Giulia Ti which we are converting back to mechanical pump in the interests of appearing more original and not wanting to tax the generator charging system too much).

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV,`84 GTV6
Hi there
I see you had a similar problem that I'm having right now. Would you be able to tell me the exact length of the two push-rods that actuate the 1750 fuel pump? . I have two rods , 1. is thinner ( fits the 45degree pump mount)and about 52 mm long the other thicker (it fits snugly into the timing cover hole) and is about 79 mm long.I feel the longer one must out of an other model Alfa. Any advice will be most appreciated.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 04:54 AM
Trained (ex)Professional
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

This thread may prove helpful. Please read to the end as I made a mistake in the original measurement.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode