lil chris's intro - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

lil chris's intro

Hey all umm I'm kinda new to all this but having purchased a Alfa and getting the bug I thought this would be the best place for ideas and probably a lot of help.
So names Chris and I'm a solo father to my little girl living in Auckland.
I kinda fell into the Alfa life when I brought a race car (unseen) out of a mates paddock with winnings from a pokie machine haha.. turns out its a hill climb alfa 33!! After towing it home it took me 10mins to get it running and 10mins to love it..ohh so light and a very loud boxer bubble.
I'm almost at the stage of getting it back on the track and am keen to do some hill climbs but would like to try some other forms of racing also. Any ideas of what type of racing a hill climb car could do would be much appreciated.
Cheers again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 05:45 PM

These cars work well in motokhana's , only mod needed is put a bolt in the handbrake button to hold it in. I used to autocross my sprint .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Yea my car club has been saying they are the ones to do too.. but I'm after something a little more competitive relay - in the hope of going pro one day haha

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Depends a bit on your car club I suppose , I know there is the drive around the paddock , carefully put it in the garage etc etc or at my car club its flat out all the way and skidding into the finish trying to match times with NZ champ who is dead serious, also nice beating full rally spec evo's in your standard Italian shopping car.
Depends on the spec of your car really, in terms of safety gear, have you talked to Trofeo guys?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Funny you should mention them.. I stumbled into a few of the not long ago and they are keen as to get me racing in their series.. but being a hill climb car I would have to alter heaps! E.g install a dash board, door cards, replace my lightweight bumpers etc etc. I dunno though because it would basically void me of being able to do hill climbs!. I was with sacc.. but am thinking of moving over to puke car club because they are abit more rip **** n bust.. much too my liking lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode