SALE - 87 Alfa 33 w 1.7 Swap - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

SALE - 87 Alfa 33 w 1.7 Swap

Hi All,

Figured i would post on a real Alfa forum as hopping someone will have love for the car or least the parts and maybe an idea what its worth.

The car was left in a garage while i was overseas for 7 years and now as much i love the car me and my dad dont have time to finish and turn into track car and i have another project i am working on and need the space, so car will be moved outside (under car cover) if not sold soon

Last Wof: 2008
Last Rego: 2010

Colour Red - Has scratch down left side otherwise paint can be buffed nice
Engine: 1.7 (ex alfa sud) + Spare 1.5
Interior: Like new no sratches or tears ( still comfortable as not used years)
Exhaust ( Needs new muffler and is broken at join but can be welded back together no issues)
Last Drive: Personally about 5 years ago before exhaust broke. Cold cranks

I have a few spare parts and car will be complete unless parts have taken a walk during a mothers clean up.

Any questions send me a message or comment.

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by bimmerbeast; 06-15-2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: adding attachment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 06:04 PM

where is it located?

Peter Inshaw
49 Topolino, 63 Spider, 67 GTV, 91 Spider, 59 Touring Spider "AlfaOle"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 04:46 AM

Aw mate. Im in Auckland. Ive been looking everywhere for a 33. Any other photos of her? Im guessing the plates are dead?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugmuffin View Post
Aw mate. Im in Auckland. Ive been looking everywhere for a 33. Any other photos of her? Im guessing the plates are dead?
Hey Rugmuffin.

Yea sorry to say plates are dead was on hold for a few years but eventually dad must have given up (due to cost or some change in the law, cant remember now)
I will upload some more photo's today for you...appoligies they will have to be in garage as my winch broke and im not going to push it with the tractor without a 2nd person.

Update:
I am fixing exhaust but mufler will still need to be replaced and re-welded on.
Interior: Roof could do with sprucing up or replacing (spotlight is your friend)
Left passenger window (Windows regulator lifter and motor are missing, waiting on reponse for part but shouldn't be hard to source)

I have quite a few genuine spares gaskets and odds and ends for the car.

I will update the page later today with more pictures etc
Attached Images

Last edited by bimmerbeast; 06-15-2016 at 05:01 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbeast View Post
Hey Rugmuffin.

Yea sorry to say plates are dead was on hold for a few years but eventually dad must have given up (due to cost or some change in the law, cant remember now)
I will upload some more photo's today for you...appoligies they will have to be in garage as my winch broke and im not going to push it with the tractor without a 2nd person.

Update:
I am fixing exhaust but mufler will still need to be replaced and re-welded on.
Interior: Roof could do with sprucing up or replacing (spotlight is your friend)
Left passenger window (Windows regulator lifter and motor are missing, waiting on reponse for part but shouldn't be hard to source)

I have quite a few genuine spares gaskets and odds and ends for the car.

I will update the page later today with more pictures etc
Thats a shame, do you happen to know how much it would be to get it fully registered? I dont know if itll need to be revvined. But you could always sell it for parts. There was a really good condition 33 1.7 QV with 180-xxxks? for sale down at wellington for $1600. If you were to part out you could get some good cash. I think people are wanting around $400 for the gearbox on trademe?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugmuffin View Post
Thats a shame, do you happen to know how much it would be to get it fully registered? I dont know if itll need to be revvined. But you could always sell it for parts. There was a really good condition 33 1.7 QV with 180-xxxks? for sale down at wellington for $1600. If you were to part out you could get some good cash. I think people are wanting around $400 for the gearbox on trademe?

Thanks for the details you are right the car is only worth about $1500ish registered and you would probably spend $500 to get it back on road with some diy repairs in reality unless VTNZ is costing more now.

Only problem you have with selling for parts it could take forever and trademe is becoming an issue as (no contact details given out so you basically can't see parts or anything if your buying until auction is won then TM get fees even if doesn't sell)

I would love to use the word hindsight - if i had known it was going to sit in the garage for so long i would of forced my dad to part with it when someone offered him $700 for the engine alone 5 years go..but i would give the car + spares away for 1000-1200k includes spare engine, and misc genuine alfa parts.

Well hopefully i find someone to take it off my hands - might have to put it up for parts if it goes outside
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 02:21 PM

I'm in Auckland and I have a 33 up for grabs at the mo..reg on hold
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 06:15 AM

Hey mate, whats happened to the 33?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 06:13 PM

There's a guy looking for an engine in Wellington give him a call 021 02917151
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 06:14 PM

It was a parts car for my race car but it's still 98% complete
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:02 PM

whats missing on it? Which gen?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 02:08 AM

Unsure of gens.. it's a 1988. Motor and windscreen are in my race car.. possibly also up for grabs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode