Alfa Romeo Forums banner

155V6 shifter adjustment question

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  nizam 
#1 ·
Hi fellow 155 owners/fans. Does anyone know how to adjust (if possible) the shifter - or rather - shifting action, in a 155V6?

Since I haven't yet gone into the car, I am going to assume it's a cable shifter, just like the 96-on Spiders, and the 156's. Are there any pointers as to how to get in there quickly? The shifter in mine feels like it's off by a few mm and doesn't engage properly. My brother's 155 shifter, on the other hand, feels fine.

Yes, the clutch is new, and does disengage fully (in case you're wondering if I hadn't checked that already) when the pedal is depressed

TIA.

#2 ·
Golly gee <crickets>

I must be the only 155V6 owner on alfabb.com. Never the matter, I dove into it anyway. Rummaging above the gearbox, there seems to be a small chance of adjusting the point at which the shifter engages the gears.

I preloaded it to one side, but it didn't seem to work so good. Tomorrow, I'll unload it to see if it makes any difference at all.

The 155 seems to be an even simpler built car, relative to the 164 or (gasp) the 75. Lots of room for my hand to move around in the engine bay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.