Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Oil Pump

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ossodiseppia 
#1 ·
Hi wondering if anyone can help me. My T reg Alfa 156 2 litre decided to vent its oil all over my drive one night, so obviously a trip to the dealers was called for. Two weeks later I still have not got my car back.

The problem (so I have been told) has been diagnosed as a valve failure in the oil pump which caused the oil pressure to rise and pop the seal thus allowing the oil to escape.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so what is the work involved in fixing the problem and what sort of cost should I be looking at paying in having it fixed. So far the dealer involved is saying the price is around £800 with about 6 or 7 more hours worth of work required.

Any advice most welcome.

Cheers

Steve

#2 ·
Can't say i've ever heard of it, but it is a novel new way for an Alfa to leak oil...

It shouldn't be too hard to R&R the oil pump if that's the case, especially not a further 6 or 7 hours worth... That's slower than i am to do the job. What else are they "needing" to do to it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.