Alfa Romeo Forums banner

97 GTV ==> 2003 GTV grill

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  164QV 
#1 ·
Hi, can this be done?

can the front grill of the latest model GTV be put on an older GTV?

#2 ·
Suggest you go to www.gtvv6.com and post the question in the forum there, I am sure someone will know

Phil

#4 ·
The cars in the first picture are 'Phase 1' , the second picture shows a 'Phase 3', 2004 car. If StayGold is referring to a Phase 2 car it could be possible, in fact I think it probably is but I am not 100% sure

Phil

#7 ·
Sorry, not always that good at posting images; here's a link to a Ph 2 showing the front clearly. Converting a Ph 1 to a Ph 3 has to be a non-starter I would have thought

http://www.gtvv6.com/gtvv6.com_gallery/Members%20Cars/3.0%20and%203.2%20V6/pdv6%20(Bristol,%20UK)/slides/PDV6Front400.html

Definitely recommend you search around the forum in gtvv6.com as I think you will find more input there, probably already posted

Phil

#8 ·
As far as I can see, the difference between a Phase 1 and a Phase 2 is the chrome surround on the grille? I dont see how that makes a conversion from phase 2 to phase 3 easier then phase 1 to phase 3. Either way it takes a new bonnet and bumper + the grille. 2000 euros sound a bit low to me - I would've guessed at 3-4000 euros incl paint. And thats why I wouldnt do it - I cant see it raising the value of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.