Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa 166 2000 3.0V6

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dave_fonz_164 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

my name is Luis, live in the Dominican Republic (in the Caribbean), I'm the happy owner of an Alfa 2000 166 3.0 V6 sportronic, love the car, very good ride, even with 225/55/16 Tires in a country which streets look similar to the surface of the moon.

My only complaint on the design of this car is the front, but when I saw the 2004 166 I knew this was now the perfect car.

Now the question:

Does anybody of you out there ever performed the conversion of the new front of a 2000 166 to a 2004 166? or any ideas of what should be done? where to get the parts? whatever help you can give me will be most appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

#2 ·
Luis...

The 166 was never sold in the US and since most of the contributors of this board are US based I doubt you'll get much of an answer. Anyway I think you will need new front fenders, bumper, headlights, bonnet, foglights, chrome grille and various bits'n bobs. Maybe posting this question on a European forum will give you some more answers.

-- Hoygaard

#4 · (Edited)
Hmm.. I dont want to annoy anybody. I'm sure you're not annoying anyone in here, they need a fresh breath of air once in a while :p . There's of course the Google groups and ALFAOWNER.COM It's predominantly occupied by owners of recent Alfa's from around the globe; Australia, The far east, Scandinavia but mostly Brits and peeps from the Benelux. I'm a Scandinavian myself.

Greetz from Denmark
-- Hoygaard

#6 ·
Well, I'm a US resident but go abroad frequently and one of my friends has a 2000 166 3.0V6 Sportronic as well (silver in colour, very nice). He, too, likes the 'face' of the 2004 166 and thought about converting.

It was immediately apparent that the front fenders/wings will need to be changed because the headlights are not the same. Then, there's the hood/bonnet that will need to be changed as well. We're not sure, but we think the bumper may need to change, too, because the grill is slightly different between the two model years.

This is just the externally visible pieces that we can immediately see. I think once you start changing headlights, there are parts in the engine bay that may have to either move or be replaced in order to 'fit' another 2004 part.

#7 ·
i was recently in the Dominican and i was wondering if they even sold alfa romeo's there since i didnt see one the whole week i was there?maybe they have more in the capita?i was in Sosua near Puerto Plata, mostly toyotas, some peugeots and fiats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.