Question - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 07:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunttheshunt View Post
No, I'm not. I think you don't know these cars in detail. Alfa/Fiat is very similar to VW/Audi.
sorry but you live in past, Im talking new models. Alfa /Fiat is very different than VW/Audi. Giulia has own platform, own engines,4c has own platform own engines etc. Mito is the only one which uses Fiat parts. Maserati uses Ferrari parts,engines, Chrysler parts, Mm sure even some Ferraris uses some Fiat parts. Wake up

-Antti: --ex Alfas:155 2.0 8V '92,155 2.0 16V '96,156 V6 '98,156 V6 '02
http://carpix.1g.fi/kuvat/carpix/

Last edited by Vsix; 11-21-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 07:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
Maybe with the brand new cars you could be right, but surely the platform will be shared eventually anyway ... but our 156's use FIAT platforms.
Pete
yes they will be shared in future but they were used 1st in Alfa and are made for Alfa, they are not even close any Lancia Ypsilon ,like this Hunt claims.

-Antti: --ex Alfas:155 2.0 8V '92,155 2.0 16V '96,156 V6 '98,156 V6 '02
http://carpix.1g.fi/kuvat/carpix/

Last edited by Vsix; 11-21-2016 at 07:42 AM.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsix
Wake up
You'd better do.

Today's cars are standard throughout; nothing unique in construction and technical design. You still don't understand what DNA means and which jewels in comparison to the competitors then, Alfas from 750 - 116 have been. You're a victim of today's marketing companies. Today's so called "Alfa' s" simply don't exist to me. And 147, 156, 916's - they should all be scrapped at once. It's a shame these cars are wearing the Alfa sign. I've worked a lot on these cars and they are awfully constructed and built and they don't even have 20 % of the construction genius and built in quality of 105's. Nor do the engines have this quality to last for decades. A dreamer who still thinks buying today an "Alfa".

And the "New Giulia" ? Watch the inboard vid from Nordschleife lap and compare to competitors. But watch and listen detailed ! They do want to compete against M Models and AMG ??! Joke of the year.....

Last edited by hunttheshunt; 11-21-2016 at 09:17 AM.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 10:11 AM

Garage
You really do live in wierd little world of your own, don't you? I've owned Alfas since a GT Junior in the 70s, and currently have in my possession 2 x 105 Giulia saloons, a 105 Spider, an Alfasud, an Alfetta GTV6, a 75 TS, a 155, a couple of 916 GTVs, a few 156s including a V6, and a few 147s. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and with the possible exception of the Alfasud, which occupies its own wonderful niche (but still shares some parts with other Alfas (eg its front brake calipers are the same as 75/Alfetta rear calipers)), one can trace the development pattern from generation to generation - each handing over elements of its structure and machinery to the next, whilst being an incremental step in driving performance.

Sticking your head in the sand and insisting that nothing conceived after the 50s has any validity is the thing that is laughable. The TS engines are already over two decades old and still powering many good cars - the only reason they are not in production is the increasing need to develop new power units to meet increasingly stringent environmental standards. Much as I love the older cars, we have to face the reality that in many instances we simply won't be allowed to drive them anywhere because they'll fail emission controls.

Vice Chairman Alfa Romeo Owners Club UK Ltd.
Alfa 75 V6 racer
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 10:41 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
I don't agree Hunt with your put down of the 156 build quality and lack of DNA. It is immediately noticeable that you are driving an Alfa Romeo, immediately. The only thing that I really don't like about the car is the lack of cup holders and if I was feeling nit picky the interior, especially the dashboard is too "just black". But the build quality is miles above an Alfetta or 105 series and comparable to other 2001 quality cars. The ride quality and handling is also of high quality, and it makes you want to blip unnecesarily and go that bit harder into corners than you should ... something I've had to learn to tone down to keep the girls in the family happy .

But I do agree with your comment about FIAT intending to do an Audi, VW and Skoda range/concept. It is how it is done in this modern world. They would be planning to loose heaps of money otherwise.

Now currently we have a brand new car, the Guilia, that has been built with a new platform but I assume the platform was designed to suit a 4 seater car not the Guilia and Alfa just happened to be the first to use it. I expect Maserati, etc. to use it soon. This is no different to what Audi, VW and Skoda are doing.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 11-21-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode