Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Whose 156 Is this?

10K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  davidmjh 
#1 ·
Anyone here own this one-of-a-kind?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like the tires aren't wide enough for the rim.

But other than the m style fender grill it looks pretty cool. I hate taking styling cues from other manufacturers..

#6 ·
Well, I'd agree with you, Hans, but I think Alfa has been trying to make its cars have mass-market appeal.

In that light, I'd say they have succeeded (sort of, it's a tough market), when Alfas are "riced-out" as much as Hondas. The 1.8TS and 2.0TS cars are at the same price points, and have about the same performance on paper as a comparable Honda. Having that sale go to Alfa instead of Honda is a step in the right direction, even if it means some will end up being riced out :p

The more demand there are for rice-boy parts for the Alfas, the cheaper it is for all of us to buy aftermarket stuff because people will actually make the parts. Right now, I have to **** near fabricate everything for my 164 and 75 because there was little, if any, interest in making aftermarket parts for them.

That's the price a marque pays to stay alive I guess.

#10 ·
looks kind of good... yet not what youd expect to see on an alfa. many of you guys carried out any mods on yours? I've had a 2.0 166 for about 6 months now, other than smashing off the wing mirror, then replacing it and having the drivers side resprayed ive not done any thing to it... yet ;)

I am however condering getting a new down pipe - minus the catalyst as I have heared that this will give me quite a performance boost - is this the case or just hear say?

PR.
http://www.prrhoades.co.uk/alfa

#11 ·
beserker said:
looks kind of good... yet not what youd expect to see on an alfa. many of you guys carried out any mods on yours? I've had a 2.0 166 for about 6 months now, other than smashing off the wing mirror, then replacing it and having the drivers side resprayed ive not done any thing to it... yet ;)

I am however condering getting a new down pipe - minus the catalyst as I have heared that this will give me quite a performance boost - is this the case or just hear say?

PR.
http://www.prrhoades.co.uk/alfa

That is the case.

#12 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Ok. That 156 looks alright, but it is way too "Tooooned" for my tastes. As far as I am concerned, if it doesn't make it go faster or turn better, I don't want it!!

And frankly, I just don't like the Koenig/ AMG/ Alpina look anyway!

Cheers,

#15 ·
Looks like all show and no go, but I'm probably wrong. Regardless, it is not my taste, but hey, anyone's taste is as good as mine. BTW, the wheels are so far out to the side that it almost looks like one of those cars with 1-ft-offset wheels we tend to have here in So Cal. Know what I mean?

Jes

#18 ·
It's all about looks and image rather than power. If your car looks as though it can go fast that's as important it seems nowadays as if it really can go fast although what the point of all that is continues to escape me. I want my own car to look standard so it doesn't attract the attention of police or insurance companies and go like stink when I nail the throttle. Having something that looks like a touring car and goes like a milk float seems awfully perverse or maybe I just do not get it. All these so called modifications make an Alfa horrible to drive and
to look at. You are shouting the message that you are a complete tosser who needs to stick with Honda's.

#22 ·
beserker said:
looks kind of good... yet not what youd expect to see on an alfa. many of you guys carried out any mods on yours?
Well...on the gtv6: 3.0 ALFA motor, Flowmaster exhaust with highflow cat, 16" TDM wheels, lowered, Powerstearing, air horns, verde lsd transaxle with shift linkage, lightened flywheel, shankle torsion bars and rear springs, koni shocks, etc(can't remember the rest!)

But still not riced out, right? :eek:

AR4me said:
Looks like all show and no go, but I'm probably wrong. Regardless, it is not my taste, but hey, anyone's taste is as good as mine. BTW, the wheels are so far out to the side that it almost looks like one of those cars with 1-ft-offset wheels we tend to have here in So Cal. Know what I mean?

Jes
Yes, we have them up here in No Cal..I know exactly what you mean.

henryfifteen said:
Looks like a **** Pontiac Grand Prix to me!!! That's just wrong....
I thought it looked more like a Dodge Neon...Sorry, i know this is painful...

#24 ·
If ANY ONE of us here go this thing delivered in the driveway on X-mas morning with a big red bow on the roof and a "I love you honey" kiss on the head to go with it, would ANY ONE of us reject it...?

(Especially if she said/he said: "....oh by the way, a man named Dawie sends his regards - he says he did something special for you nder there....)

#25 ·
Perhaps we should start saying "pasta'd out" rather than "riced out" in the future.

The best Alfas (Italian cars in general) are beautiful objects that go like stink, rather than bad a-- boulevard cruisers such as this. It might be cool with some hydraulics!

However, I can see the point that to sell cars to a broader market, a certain niche will be created catering to current trendiness, and you can't prevent that nor should you. If the "kids" start buying new Alfas and pumping them up, it adds to the reputation in a whole new market. As they become popular again, familiarity with and appreciation of the legends will follow.

I'm hopeful that the factory understands that great design and advanced engineering is what built the reputation.

#26 ·
Vivace said:
Perhaps we should start saying "pasta'd out" rather than "riced out" in the future.

The best Alfas (Italian cars in general) are beautiful objects that go like stink, rather than bad a-- boulevard cruisers such as this. It might be cool with some hydraulics!

However, I can see the point that to sell cars to a broader market, a certain niche will be created catering to current trendiness, and you can't prevent that nor should you. If the "kids" start buying new Alfas and pumping them up, it adds to the reputation in a whole new market. As they become popular again, familiarity with and appreciation of the legends will follow.

I'm hopeful that the factory understands that great design and advanced engineering is what built the reputation.
Lol ya but when Alfa sell there cars they should come with a leaflet on good styling rules while modifying there cars :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.