Fuel consumption - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-23-2007, 12:56 PM

Fuel consumption

And finally, i know alfas are know to be not so good for fuel consumption but i'm getting around 350 miles to a tank (approx 60quid) is this about normal but somebody i know is getting around the same out of an E46 M3!!!!
Thanks people... Bought a Alfa TIS cd of ebay today to anybody requiring any info off it just ask.. it should be here some point in the week!!! thanks again!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007, 01:30 AM

What engine are we talking about here? A 2-liter 16V TS from a 156? In that case, it's not uncommon to see consumption like that if you do a lot of driving in traffic or like to whip it a bit.

If you only do long drives on the motorway, you should see less consumption than what you do.

You'll have to convert these figures to mpg for yourself, but my 147 2.0 was always hovering around 8-10 liters/100 km.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:22 AM

yeah it's a 2.0 156. i suppose it is quite a lot of town driving and i do have quite a heavy right foot!!!!!!! It's a 02 plate 2.0 selespeed. will this be the JTS??? if so what are the main differences between JTS and not??? I'm under the impression that the JTS has balanceshafts and that's about it!!!! thanks TorW
Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 AM

If it's a 2002, it might very well have a JTS. The JTS (Jet Thrust Stochiometric) engine is a very difrerent engine compared to the TS (Twin Spark). The 2.0 TS has balancing shafts, and so does the JTS. The main difference is the fuel injection though. Whereas the TS has a pretty standard injection, the JTS has a system which runs very very lean at low revs compared to the TS.

The supposedly very fuel efficient geekery inside the JTS engine cuts out at 1,500 rpm, so I'd say that a liter per 100 km (give or take) is normal for a 2-liter (both JTS and TS) driven by a lead-footed owner.

A friend of mine drives a BMW M5, and his take on fuel economy is very simple: when the tank is empty, he fills it up again. If fuel is a concern, buy something that says "JTD" on the bootlid
Old 06-24-2007, 01:39 PM

i'll have to look into what she's actually got under the bonnet!!!!! i like your theory about the fuel consumption, guess i'll be putting it into practice more than i thought!! not to worry!!! don't think i'll be swapping the engine note of her for a jtd for a long long time!!!! looking at a k&n replacement filter at the mo, found 1 for 48GBP what's your oppinion on this??? should i save my money??? is your 147 standard???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.