Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Dash Airvent removal

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  AussieSpider2 
#1 ·
Hi, I need to remove and repair the center airvent in a 2002 Alfa Spider (RHD). It is the LHS of the 3 in the center. Can anyone please give me step by step instructions on how to do that? Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I have been able to fix it. I used my fingers to pry out the vent (after a few attempts) and have repaired the broken clip.
To repair plastic I use a soldering iron (clean tip first) and just melt the plastic together. I have used this method on loads of plastic repairs. You just need a little patience and steady hand. Also some practice on scrap plastic helps. Do this in a well ventilated area as plastic fumes are not good for you.

#7 ·
PeterParker, Yes the vent just pulls out. It is held in with pressure clips around the rim. Also you have to prise off the link that connects thge flaps to the back of the vent.
To remove the vent, I used my little pinkies from each hand, put them into the top and bottom opening, applied pressure by spreading my fingers apart and pullled out. Careful you do not snap the flaps by slipping around. Only apply pressue to the outer ring. Get a fine tip on your soldering iron as that will allow you to fix intricate little things. Hope that helps. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.