Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Desperate Help With Cooling System

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Alfisto Steve 
#1 ·
Friends,
three weeks ago, I detected a leak on the cooling system of my 156 2.0 TS. Specificaly, the heater interexchange oil-water shows a little hole. (do not know the english name for that part. It is right next the oil filter, and it is made of aluminium)
My work shop did the job. Not a particulary hard one, but quite expensive here... (U$S 300)
Yesterday, I detected a very unusual beheavior of the temp gauge...It get 100 degrees (celcius. 95 is normal), so I pull over, opened the hood, and saw the same leak on the same piece, in the same place.
It is a normal fault in 156??? should I suspect that my work shop never did the job in the first place? is there anything that may cause the fault on this part??
please help me since it may end the relationship with my work shop....
thaks a lot.

#2 ·
Sounds like a oil cooler (heat exchanger) what year is it and chassis number as several part numbers listed?

Is leak at a hose or line or actually in heat exchanger case?

#3 ·
Yes, the problem is the heat exchanger. It had a leak a month ago. It was replaced for a new one (so the garage said), and las weekend, it shows the same leak.
Do not have the chasis number right now... Do you know if there is any problems with several pieces number? the car is year 2000, and it has 40 K miles.....

#5 ·
The two heat exchangers listed are 60610797 and new style 606731286.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.