Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa GT Selespeed problem - help!

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Turi 
#1 · (Edited)
Please help

I have a 2006 Alfa GT 2.0 Selespeed

From time to time when I use reverse the gearbox goes to neutral and stays there, I can't change gears

If I turn off the car and wait 30 seconds it restarts and I can change gears again, but i'ts an intermitent failure, 12 times in the last 3 months and the dealer has no idea how to fix it, the even changed the selespeed computer to no effect

What can be wrong?

I hear two beeps when I turn off the engine after it fails

#2 ·
Are you putting your foot on the brake pedal when you try to select reverse? My 156 Selespeed won't let me select reverse (or any other gear) if I don't.

The two bleeps when you switch off are a reminder that the 'box is in neutral - my handbook advises leaving the car in gear, although I can't really see why!

#3 ·
You have to leave the car in gear for secuity! If there is a gear engaged even when the car is turned off, the car wouldn't move.

I read something about the GT Selespeed gear problems, there was an official information bullettin about 9 or so months ago, but only here in Italy; ask your garage to phone down here in Italy and ask to the proper people what to do, it's only a Software problem anyway, nothing important.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.