Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Seized Engine (2.0 TS GTV)

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ssjbelg 
#1 ·
Trying to source a replacement engine as the one i have suddenly **** itself :( any advice welcome!! do i want a rebuilt engine? get my own rebuilt? buy from a breakers yard? and how much should i be expecting to pay for the work?

2000 GTV TS

#2 ·
Sorry about that!

With just "seized" to go by, nobody knows how much it's going to cost you to have it fixed. Replacing the engine could be a mess too, since you will need a lot of auxiliary stuff from the new engine: ECU, ignition stuff and probably keys (!)

If you want a new engine, ask around for a price. Getting a new 16V TS from a breaker or via the local owner's club shouldn't be too hard.

Was the seizure noisy, or did it just die? Smoke? Oil spill? If not, maybe it's just the cam belt. That'll certainly be cheaper to fix than replacing the engine or taking the engine completely apart.

#4 ·
i suppose an oil issue due that some consume a lot of oil 2.0 16v ts

I would take one from a junkjard or if you wan't to keep it for a long time/miles

a new engine or a rebuilt (wich you can spec up cams,balanced engine) etc)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.