Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Wheel Upgrade: Alfa 147

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fluffy 
#1 ·
Hi,
These are the 16" Sport alloys currently on my 147:

I'm looking at upgrading to the 17" Supersport (3-bore) wheels:

I'm just after an initial idea as to what is involved with this process. I understand I will need to obtain larger tires, however in terms of having the new wheels fitted; is this fairly simple? Will I need to get the speedometer and odometer (and any other componets) re-calibrated for the change in wheel dimension? Anyone have an approximation for the cost of getting the new wheels aligned and fitted (excluding cost of tires and the wheels themselves)? Also, anything else I should consider with regards to this process?
Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
since your only changing up an inch and sticking with mags designed for your car (meaning the offset etc will be the same) you will only need to put smaller profile tyres on your new wheels - basically you will have the same or very similair rolling radius but your tyres will be thinner and your mags larger. if you change this too much, then yes your spedo will be out. anyway any proffesional tyre place will be able to tell you which size tyres to suit your new mags - fitting them is easy. an alignment shouldnt cost much...

#5 ·
The ride is a lot less comfortable with the 17" wheels on, I've got the Supersports on my 147 and it rough enough going at times. The standard shocks on the 1.6 don't deal with the 17" wheels to well, the 2.0 is setup different I believe.
Also they don't good unless you lower the suspension by an inch or so, mine kinda looks like its on stilts or something but its like that for the last 5 years so I'm not for changing it now :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.