Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Help for a newbie please

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Travc 
#1 ·
Hi guys!

just signed up today and was wondering if you could point me in the direction of some info I'm after.

Currently driving a Fiat Coupe 16v which I'm looking to upgrade in a couple of months. I was going to upgrade to a Fiat Coupe 20VT Plus but then noticed a GTV 3.0 V6 24V for around the same price. Thing is I don't really know anything about the Alfa. BHP? MPG? Reliability etc. Any recommendations on what to look out for and what to avoid? Would like some stats on the car too if some one can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi GS,

I've got a 98' GTV 3.0, had it for about 10 months. It's a FANTASTIC drivers car, looks sensational, sounds brilliant and from what i can see it's reliable. It's only got 40,000k's on it so it's been sitting around doing ultra low K's for years (which brings its own issues like a tappet noise - we think - doesn't affect anything except to annoy me!).

MPG though... mate, it's thirsty. I don't do that many K's (i drive a scooter to work :) *grin* so it doesn't worry me. But, even though i do low k's it still drinks it. A friend of a friend said the same thing too (so i guess it's not just my driving). If MPG affects your choice, go for a 2.0 i guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.