Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Flashing Odometer on 147

11K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Vsix 
#1 ·
:confused: Anyone out there know why the odometer on my 147 flashes sometimes? Its as if it is an alarm of some kind, but there are no references in the owners handbook. Doesnt do it often. Car seems as good as always, everything works. Turn ignition off and restart the car and all is normal again.
Thanks.

#3 ·
Join the club! I thought I was the only one from the blank looks I got at my dealer when I reported this fault. I got the flashing odometer glitch when the car was about 11months old. It's now 5 yrs and has happened a couple of times since.

I also get random beeping noises emitted by the trip computer sometimes when the car is warming up - I've switched off the beep volume on the trip panel so I don't hear it any more. Anybody else suffer with this?

Current fault with IP is that the IP lighting went out yesterday. It seems to come back on when I apply a downward pressure to the cruise control stalk or occasionally when I move the other stalks. Any clever people out there know the best way to tackle the wiring in there without blowing my head off on the airbag?

BTW - some of the dash harness was replaced by the dealer (after several unsuccessful attempts) just before these problems first occurred (11months) because of an airbag warning light. Methinks the problems could be related....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.