Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2001 & 2002 AR147's

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TorW 
#1 ·
Hi,
Can anyone give me some details of the alterations/improvements made to the 2002 2.0L Alfa 147 over the 2001 2.0L model?
Thanks.

#2 ·
The most important change from model year 2001 to 2002 147 2.0 was the introduction of a 5-door variant as well as an optional manual gearbox. There are likely several dozen other minute changes, but they're so small, nobody (other than mechanics, that is) will bother until some enthusiast restores one in 30 years or so ;)

The Phase 3 Twinspark (Motronic ME7.3, fly-by-wire throttle etc.) was already in place from the outset, i.e. all 2-liter 147s have the same engine.

#4 ·
There's no way to be sure of anything when it comes to Alfa, but three of the cars you link to are marked "MY2002". I gather that means "Model Year 2002"? The two others have registration plates almost identical to the 2002 models (ALB52C, ALB52D, ALB52E). "Next year's models" arrives in September/October up here. If that's the case in Australia too, they could easily be confused with "this year's models".

The 5-door variant was also reported here:
http://www.italiaspeed.com/newmodels_147_5door.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.