Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Selespeed problems '01 147

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Graham D 
#1 ·
Tried to search around the forum but couldnt find someone with the similar problem.

My '01 147 Selespeed has gone nuts, the gearbox will only shift down to first gear when its cold (or when its not been used for a while) the gear indicator shows that it tries it, but it just shifts to third then second and stays there. while driving, the gearbox can suddenly change from second to another gear without me soing anything and sometimes it indicates third gear, but the the car's in first. a couple of times the indicator has shown "R" and beeps like it was going backwards, but dont.

When i'm accelerating in second gear the indicator flashes like was poor connection (looks like a fluorescent tube that flashes)

There is no errormessage in the diagnostics and the gearbox liquid is fine

The car has rolled 80 000 km

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

#2 ·
Welcome to the electronic age. I would hope that such a system would be designed with gold plated electrical contacts just like your PC and collision air bags. For a diagnostic system to register or show fault codes, an electrical sensor must signal an out-of-spec value. The fact that no error codes appear would suggest a dirty or loose connector though the fault may lie in the ECU as well. As for me, my Milano Verde may not be the quickest ride on the planet, but rowin' thru the gears hauls my butt to work every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.