Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Anybody had probs with warranty work?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dsglcl 
#1 ·
Bit of background...

The dealership I bought my 147 from have never really impressed me for various reasons. So annoying were they that my friend who bought his 147 from there too, went to another (much further away) Alfa dealer as opposed to endure anymore bollocks.

My gearbox broke on Wednesday (linkage it sounds like), and it's taken until today to get "warranty approval" to get it fixed. Apparently a guy has to come and do this? This was after they insisted it wasn't covered under warranty and will cost £300+, and "while it's here" they're going to put new rear pads on for £140 (I just bought some online for £29.99!).

They say the car will be ready on Wednesday but I'm not convinced. I wasn't offered a courtesy car either - thankfully got one under the AA for 2 days.

Basically; has anybody heard of this "assessor" coming to inspect the car? Also, they claim they have to order the part - is this gearbox linkage a rare and exclusive part? We're talking BIG dealership here; one of the UK's leading ones if you believe their site.

Soz about the length of this!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh and I should add...

My mate's new 147 developed a prob with the sump which saw his engine literally die on Thursday night. By the end of Friday they'd arranged for a new engine to be brought in and fitted. No assessor, no wait - but a MUCH bigger problem.

It's my dealer that's crap innit? :D

#6 ·
slinky said:
Just going off your user name, is the car from Mangoletsi ?
its a little off putting if it is as I had heard they had a very good reputation.
Indeed. I have nothing good to say about them at all. My mate bought his from there too and was disgusted with the aftercare, so bought his new Alfa from Caledonia instead.

Aftercare from Alfa seems to be terrible. Plus they lied to me when I bought the car... seems I'm too trusting!

They wanted £140 for new rear pads. I stopped at Kwik Fit and it cost £65 parts & labour, and was done in an hour (I couldn't be arsed trying to fit them myself).

To add insult to injury, when they fixed my gear linkages, my car came back with a crappy plastic knob instead of the leather one. This was denied!!

So no, I'd avoid Mangoletsi. In fact I'd avoid Alfas to be fair. My 147 now has a load of electrical faults, my lights went yesterday - got one fog and one side left! It's a only 53 plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.