Alfa Romeo Forums banner

GTV Acceleration Problems

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Copey 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have found a couple of problems with my '98 GTV and I was hoping someone may know the problems I may be faced with.

The first problem is that the acceleration has become decreasingly slower over the past couple of months and also it is unsmooth and at times jerks the car like im going over bumps in the road. I am of course very concerened about this. I have recently changed the spark plugs and air filter however this has only had a small affect.

The second problem I discovered when changing the spark plugs. There was a lot of oil deposited in the housings for the spark plus. I have had the gasket for the pistons off cleaned it and changed the gasket, however small amounts of oil are still showing in the holes for the plugs.

Please HELP!!! :eek:

Copey

#3 ·
2ltr, I managed to fix the acceleration flat spots and underperformance, there was a tear in one of the air induction pipes and so was taking in unmetered air.

However the car is now burning a lot of oil and there are traces of oil in the holes where the spark plugs are located and after driving there is a strong smell of burning oil.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Copey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.