Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Rent 159 or 166?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  hogan 
#1 ·
I have rented a 166 for a week in Italy. However, there will be five of us, and in looking at the pictures of the back seat in the 166 and 159, it looks like the 159 back seat may be more comfortable for 3 people because it does not have the pronounced hump in the middle. I can't find any interior dimensions on the Web. The people in the back are adults although not particluarly large ones. Also we will be driving about 700 kilometers total, most of it from Rome to Millan spread out over two days, so not more than an hour or two at a time.

Any thoughts as to which car would be more comfortable in the back seat? Thanks.

#5 ·
Choose the 166 if you can! Your travelmates will be gracefull for that!
I tried out a 159 last days at my dealer just to have a comparision to my 166. The legroom in the back is for children and I didn't found a good position at the drivers seat. I'm 1.90m!
The middleseat in the back is o.k. for adults for your kind of ride! And the trunk is bigger! Depends on when you travel maybe you can get a 159 Sportwagon, because of the luggage for 5 people. But I'm fine with the room in my car with 2 adults, a 2year old boy and all the stuff for winterholidays.
have a nice and save trip!
regards Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.