Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Door glass shut height?!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Max Banks 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I run a 2.0 T/S GTV 1999 everyday... door glass **** heights are way out... anyone know how to sort it/ be able to point me to a thread where this has been discussed?!

#2 · (Edited)
Howdy, Max.

I posted this on the AROC UK forum (www.aroc-uk.com) a while back.

You need to take the door card off. Remove one Allen screw on the trim behind the mirror, slide the trim backwards and remove it. Remove the two Allen screws on the forward facing edge of door card, two Allen bolts at the base of the door card, two behind the door pocket buttons, one visible behind the door pull and one hidden behind the window winder switch (remove the switch with a flat blade). Once all screws are undone, you need to slide the card upwards and support it while you disconnect the electrical connectors to the speakers (x2), window switch and floor facing courtesy light. Undo the door pull rod and remove and store the door card.

There are two upper stops for the window that are hidden behind rubber grommits at the top of the door, but unless these are loose, they are unlikely to be the problem. To adjust so that the glass follows the line of the seal and tucks under the top lip of the door rubber requires that you adjust the clamps that slide up and down the window runners. To access them, you'll need to lower the window until the clamps are visible through the back of the door (you may need to peel back the sound deadening mat). Loosen the clamps and slide the glass upwards or downwards in the clamp and re-tighten. Try raising the window with the door open and closed and re-adjust until you're happy. Put back in reverse order.

It's a pain in the @rse, but worth the aggro. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.