Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1999 V6 GTV sudden loss of heat inside the cabin

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  alfa_rookie 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I'm new to Alfa's and new to this site, so bare with me.

I've just bought a 1999 3.0 GTV with 66k miles on the clock. The heater was working fine on the way to work yesterday, but when I came home there was no heat inside the cabin at all. I thought perhaps water pump, but the water is circulating round the engine fine, and the engine temperature stable around 70 degrees and did not even approach the "hot" mark. The fan inside works on all settings, and the are movement control also works fine - it's just not getting hot inside - brrrrrrr

If anybody has any ideas of things I can check for myself (fuses etc) without having to take it to a garage, that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

#5 ·
No, you should get it tested... Does the engine heat up? No? maybe thermostat - may be stuck open or closed - then will overheat... Does the an come on after long idle and as engine heats up?

When the engine is hot does the cabin heater work? No? Windows fogg up? Coolant smell? Heater core blew....

#6 ·
Hi Junglejustice...

The engine heats up fine (althought takes a while), but doesn't overheat (or even get very hot) leading me to believe that the water is circulating around the engine fine. All the interior fans work etc, it's just that no matter what the engine temperature (even when over 90 degrees) there is absolutely no warmth coming from the air vents inside, it is always freezing cold - regardless of temperature setting. The windows do not clear easily even with full fans, but there is no smell of coolant and nothing leaking underneath etc.

Neil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.