Alfa Romeo Forums banner

147 steering wheel change

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Hans 
#1 ·
can anyone help i have got hold of a alfa 147 lusso steering wheel and would like to fit it to my 147 turismo which does'nt have the audio controls on the wheel my local alfa dealer is saying he thinks it won't fit as the wiring won't be there the use the steering wheel controls but i can't believe alfa would build 2 types of wiring loom one for the lusso one for the turismo so is there anyone that can throw some light on this issue please before i sell the wheel with the controls on it thanks

#2 ·
What is the difference between a Lusso and a Turismo? Only extras? What year model do you have? Do you have Selespeed?

My 147 has the Connect Nav in it, but there are no audio controls on the wheel. Had I chosen the regular CD player option, there would be controls on it according to similar models with different audio options.

I don't know about the wiring, but one can assume there is different wiring according to what audio/nav options the factory puts in. There are/were a lot of center console options to chose from...

If I were you, I would simply take it apart and check for myself.

#4 ·
the difference between lusso/turismo

the main difference is in the spec list ie the turismo does not have these items as standard which the lusso has

dual zone climate control
criuse control
alloy wheels (face lift model has)
centre arm rest
steering wheel controls for stereo

#6 ·
In total there are six different types of steering wheels for the 147:

1. a regular steering wheel without buttons
  2. a leather steering wheel without buttons
  3. a leather steering wheel with radio controls
  4. a leather steering wheel with radio controls and mobile phone button (for those with Connect Nav+)
  5. a leather steering wheel with selespeed paddles and radio control buttons
  6. a leather steering wheel with selespeed paddles, radio control buttons, and mobile phone button (for those with Connect Nav+)

If I am correct #1 is standard on the Progression trim level, #2 is standard on the Distinctive trim level and also standard on the 2.0 TS with manual gearbox, #5 is standard on the 2.0 TS Selespeed. All the others are optional. It looks like the UK market not only uses different names for their trim levels compared to the rest of the world, they have added the steering wheel as well :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.