Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Bose Query ??

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Damien_Ireland 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I have a 04 GT which has Blaupunkt head unit with Bose amp and speakers. I want to change HU to an Alpine DVD unit. When I wire Alpine into loom power but no sound ....
Is there a harness or interface that will allow me to change or do I have to bypass amp and drive speakers directly ??? any help advice much appreciated...

Thanks in advance. :confused: :confused:

#2 ·
Did you use the correct harness adapter kit for your GT? Double check the wiring, and make sure the Amp remote/power wire (should be Blue/White) is hooked up too.
Sounds like the AMP is not turning on.
And you don't want to bypass the AMP since those BOSE speakers won't sound good with the tiny amp that is in the Alpine DVD unit.

There is a lot of manufacturer that makes a wiring harness that let you hookup the wires coming from the Alpine to a new plug, and that plug plugs direclty into your stock wiring in the car.

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product_list/c_path/146_172_288/spd/alfa-romeo--wiring-harness-.html

#3 ·
Tnx AlfaChan

But there is no listing for GT the link given only covers older cars without BOSE. Spoke directly to Autoleads in UK but no joy as they have nithing for GT....

Tried couple of other suppliers but drew a blank.... Does anyone know if Bose amp has phono inputs cos then I can take feed from Alpine...

Thanks again

#4 ·
Maurice Dublin said:
Tnx AlfaChan

But there is no listing for GT the link given only covers older cars without BOSE. Spoke directly to Autoleads in UK but no joy as they have nithing for GT....

Tried couple of other suppliers but drew a blank.... Does anyone know if Bose amp has phono inputs cos then I can take feed from Alpine...

Thanks again

I don't think they have phono plugs, but maybe if you check out www.besecure2000.com which are in Dublin they seem to have allot of adaptors and they deal in Alpine so they might help you.

My Dad has the Bose set up in his 147 and we took the panel off in the boot and i have a picture of it on my mobile phone if you want to see the set up they may be better than me trying to describe it?? I'll send it along if you pm me your number.

Damien.

#5 ·
Many Thanks Damien. done a lot odf homework and the wonders of a multimeter. New Alpine DVD in and the difference. My advice to all get rid of Blaupunkt junk and hear the Bose *** its meant to sound.....

Tnx again

Damien_Ireland said:
I don't think they have phono plugs, but maybe if you check out www.besecure2000.com which are in Dublin they seem to have allot of adaptors and they deal in Alpine so they might help you.

My Dad has the Bose set up in his 147 and we took the panel off in the boot and i have a picture of it on my mobile phone if you want to see the set up they may be better than me trying to describe it?? I'll send it along if you pm me your number.

Damien.

#6 ·
Maurice Dublin said:
Many Thanks Damien. done a lot odf homework and the wonders of a multimeter. New Alpine DVD in and the difference. My advice to all get rid of Blaupunkt junk and hear the Bose *** its meant to sound.....

Tnx again

No bothers man it's all good. I wouldn't seeing some pictures though of the headunit in it??

Is there major difference in the sound quality??

Thats why I call all Blaupunkt, Blaujunkt. There pure crap really.

#7 ·
Will organise pics but the sound difference is unreal... Highly recommend change as you can get face plate thats perfect fit....

Damien_Ireland said:
No bothers man it's all good. I wouldn't seeing some pictures though of the headunit in it??

Is there major difference in the sound quality??

Thats why I call all Blaupunkt, Blaujunkt. There pure crap really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.