Blocking Heater hose fitting on 24V V6 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-07-2010, 02:05 AM

Blocking Heater hose fitting on 24V V6

Hi Guys,

I want to know if I can replace this fitting with a bung on a 24V V6:

It is the heating for the heater hose. I won't have a heater box, so I need to either bung up that hole, or run a hose from there to the bottom radiator hose. I would rather bung it up as it is neater and simpler, but I don't want to do it if it will prevent the cooling system from working properly (i.e. stop anything cooled by that gallery getting coolant flow past it).

What do you reckon?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 AM

I suggest that you find out how the heater system worked in the original car.
Plenty of cars use a continuous flow thru the heater core and if you simply plug the outlets, that coolant won't flow properly the engine and cause issues.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 AM

Old thread - I know - but what the heck... We block them off permanently all of the time when we convert these motors into track cars and on race car builds, without any adverse effects...

On one of the street cars, I blocked it off with pinch hose-pliers over the summer (but it eventually kinked and cut the hose, so I wouldn’t go that route again...!) If it is still in a 164, then the best is just to simply install an inline ball-valve, so that you (or the next owner in a colder climate), can have access to a fully-functional heater-system at the turn of a valve!

Last edited by junglejustice; 11-17-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:03 AM

I am currently modifying a 24v for my track Milano and am at the point where I would like to plug the heater core outlet from the back of the motor. Anyone know what size of the thread and/or a source for the plug?

Thanks

Kirk
Old 06-23-2014, 12:57 PM

M24x1.5 (Audi/Volkswagen V8 Oil Drain Plug)

Big Thanks to Jim K.

The heater core outlet on my 24V motor was M24x1.5 which turns out to be an Audi/Volkswagen V8 oil drain plug.

Kirk
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.