Alfa Romeo Forums banner

consumption-please help!

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  clwyd 
#1 ·
Hi Friends,

Could anybody please tell me if this is normal or not???

I have recently bought a brand new 2005 Alfa 147- 1.6 Tspark 120HP.

I can not drive more than 500 km with full tank , which is 60-63 lt.

Is this normal??? I have some worries about gas consumption of this car....

Please advice...

Selcuk

#2 · (Edited)
sbutun said:
Hi Friends,

Could anybody please tell me if this is normal or not???

I have recently bought a brand new 2005 Alfa 147- 1.6 Tspark 120HP.

I can not drive more than 500 km with full tank , which is 60-63 lt.

Is this normal??? I have some worries about gas consumption of this car....

Please advice...

Selcuk
My Toyota Tarago (2.4 ltr 4 cylinder) has a range of 400 km's (around town) and I would estimate that the tank size is similar as it now costs me $AUS70-80 to fill (?).

Note this car is a people mover so is heavy and has a large frontal area.
Pete

#3 ·
You don't buy Alfas for their good fuel economy (unless you buy a JTD), but even 500 km range is pretty low.

500 km is only 'normal' when you drive around town most of the time. Within the city limits the modern day Alfa is a real gas guzzler. If you drive a lot outside of town in a 147 1.6 TS Veloce, you should be able to reach an average of 10l / 100 kms with a reasonabily sporty driving style.

BTW Don't forget to visit www.selespeed.info as a 147 owner.

#5 · (Edited)
Am driving a 147 TS1.6 also...almost 2 years now.

I found that the consumption initially when new wasn't all that great. Could barely get 9km/l. It gradually got better after a few thousand kilometers.

My best ever was 11km/l which translates to about 660km per tank but was averaging mid 10s so 600km per tank was the norm.

Bear in mind that i'm in tiny Singapore which means its pretty much city driving all the time.

Now i'm getting low 9s (about 550kms before pumping) since changing to 17inch wheels and removing the pre-cats :eek: ...but its alright :p

Actually, if fuel consumption is a concern, why not pump half tank each time. Saves weight you know? Imagine if you were driving a GTA! :eek:

#6 ·
500 kms on a full tank of petrol isn't so bad if you do a lot of city driving. I can almost never squeeze less than 0.9l/10km (translates to roughly a 570 km range) out of my 2.0, and track days is almost triple that (2.5l/10km, 160 km range) !

If fuel economy is a concern, you have the wrong car ;) Revving and speeding is simply too much fun in a 147...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.