Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa GT odometer

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jon tunstall 
#1 ·
The odometer on my Alfa GT 2005 blinks constantly. Is it suppose to?

#2 ·
On start up the computer checks a set of data. When the check can't be completed for some reason the odometer will start to blink. The next time you start the engine and the check is ok, the odometer will stop blinking.

You don't have to worry if this happens once a month or so. Only when it happens frequently (or doesn't stop ;)) you have a problem with your systems check and a visit to the dealership is the only cure.

#3 ·
Hans said:
On start up the computer checks a set of data. When the check can't be completed for some reason the odometer will start to blink. The next time you start the engine and the check is ok, the odometer will stop blinking.

You don't have to worry if this happens once a month or so. Only when it happens frequently (or doesn't stop ;)) you have a problem with your systems check and a visit to the dealership is the only cure.

Lol that happened to my Dads 147 for ages and we never took any notice of it and then one day it just stop weird.

#4 ·
Happens to me too on my 147 TS1.6. So far, have heard that complaint from one other person here in Singapore....a GT driver.

Normally i just turn the ignition off and restart. Goes away after that.

The agent here still can't diagnose the problem. They've suggested replacing the whole unit. Of course this totally wipes out your mileage...which is good/bad depending.

Nice to know we're not the only ones experiencing this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.