Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Any ideas on my problems? 156 TS

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  big spuds 
#1 · (Edited)
The "new" T reg 156 TS Alfa, i have bought a week ago has apparently had a new engine and has only done 50 miles prior to me owning it. Love the car to bits, smooth comfy ride, immaculate condition in and out, but the problems are starting to worry me more than a bit, due to alfa dealer prices.

First problem the alarm/central locking. Keyfob locks the doors then the alarm goes off 5 seconds later? Any ideas?

Second, The warning light is on (not sure if it was on when i bought it or not)
Had it diagnosed as the Purge canister valve? No one seems to know what it is! Alfa dealer said these never go. However i think i have found it (top right hand corner under the bonnet, Checked the connections fine, traced lead opposite side of the engine has a connected the same not plugged into anything can find where it goes.

Third. It seems sluggish under 3 thousand revs when you hit the 3 thousand mark it goes.

and the final one that is getting to me have a small oil leak i think down the left hand side of the engine by the belts,

I know nothing about cars only how to clean them good, have a brought a pile of Cr@p??? :confused:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.