Alfa Romeo Forums banner

156 Grille Fell off.......how do i get it back on??

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dan GTV6 
#1 ·
Alfisti,

While driving, the grille fell off the 156. I have bought a new grille (cos the old one got scuffed) but am having trouble fitting it.
The new one comes with a plastic backing however, i cant take off the old plastic backing that is attached to the car, i have tried looking for screws but cant find any and i dont really feel like experimenting by taking off the whole front end...
I am able to detatch the new grille from the plastic backing and put in straight onto the old one but i fear that it will fall off again. My mecchanic has never seen this before but said that he could glue it on......not sure about that.....
Has anyone had to do this before.
Any help would be great.
Cheers

#3 ·
It was the silver grille. FYI, had to take it to a local Alfa mechanic (not dealership, they charged too much) and they had to take off the the whole front end just to put the grille back on, still cost about $AUD300 for labor. So it was probably a good thing that i didn't start playing with it, would have messed it up even more......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.