Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alpha Romeo 156 2.5 V6 Brake problems

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  evilgidget 
#1 ·
Any Advice?

I have a T Reg (1999) 156 2.5 V6. I have recently had the front brake discs and pads changed. The problem is that they will not stop squealing. I have returned the car back to the garage and they changed the pads but still 2 weeks later they are still squealing.

I have also notice a sort of squealing noise when driving at fast and slow speeds.

Any body got any ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
Sorry I cant give you the ultimate solution. It all depends on driving style. One brand of discs and pads may work for you and not for your mate. I'm driving with an obscure brand of cross drilled disc from Italy and Ferodo DS performance pads, they squeel like hell, but brake very well, and they're extremely durable. The squeeling doesnt bother me much, but I do understand why it bothers you. You might want to post your problem; here , registration is mandatory, and they will probably tell you that you need Ferodo DS2500 pads, but one of the guys may have the right combo for you.

Cheers from Denmark
-- Hoygaard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.