Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Problem with windows on 147 Lusso - They go down on their own... anyone else?

6K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  genie 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a problem with the windows on my 147 JTD Lusso (04 plate).

I have returned to the car 3 times now to find the windows have lowered themselves whilst I have left it parked and locked.

Each time the windows on the drivers side and passengers side are at exactly the same level and have dropped anywhere between 3 and 7 inches. On one occasion the central locking has also un-locked.

On every occasion I have checked for signs of tamper, but found none. Also, I know it's not me leaving the car in this state, as I am uber cautious and always check the windows are up!

Anyone else witnessed the same problem?

Would love to know...

Thanks,

Matt

#3 ·
I have a 147 and know many 147 owners too and have never heard of it...that's not to say it's not possible!

Have you talked to your dealer? I can ask around too...good luck.

#4 ·
You Got Mail Matt.

It doesn't say it in the Owners Manual (not mine anyway) But..

If you lock/alarm the car via the key fobb, and keep your pressing the unlock button, the car will unlock/dis-arm and after a second start winding the windows down until you release the button. I used to do it all the time (by mistake) just keeping my finger on the unlock button too long while walking towards the car.

C

#7 ·
Amazing? I thought it was a pretty standard feature. I use it all the time to roll the windows back up after locking my car as I walk away. Sometimes when I know I'll drive with them down, I unroll them as I approach the car.

#9 ·
147GTA said:
Amazing? I thought it was a pretty standard feature. I use it all the time to roll the windows back up after locking my car as I walk away. Sometimes when I know I'll drive with them down, I unroll them as I approach the car.
The (indeed standard) feature changed during production years btw. If the 147 is produced before 2003 you can open and close the windows using the remote control.

Newer models can only open the windows with the remote control

#10 ·
TorW said:
Well, the climate in Singapore and Norway is probably a bit different ;) I almost never drive with the windows down.
Yeah it's so hot here I can hardly stand having them down....need the AC...but some nights I go with them down. I'm sure in the summer Norway is pretty nice!

#11 ·
Hans said:
The (indeed standard) feature changed during production years btw. If the 147 is produced before 2003 you can open and close the windows using the remote control.

Newer models can only open the windows with the remote control
Mine is a 2003 and I can open and close the windows using the remote. I don't know about you but I read my manual the first day I got my car....but sure, there's a lot I don't know about it that is probably in the manual......
:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.