Alfa Romeo Forums banner

CD CHANGER PROBLEMS with CONNECT+

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Rich G 
#1 ·
I am experiencing a problem with my recently purchased 2002 model 147 2.0ltr Lusso which has the connect+ system installed and the factory fitted Blaupunkt 10 disc CD changer.

When the discs are first loaded and the system switched on, the changer "initiallises", effectively loading the CD's which takes a number of minutes before the discs are recognised by the unit in the dash and can be played.

If the car is then switched off momentarily and restarted, the changer does not remember what was being played and resume from there but effectively restarts the initiallisation process again taking a number of minutes again before starting from CD1 track1, making it useless for short journeys.

The car has been returned to the garage who say the permanent power source works and cannot find any fault with the unit after testing. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? - I can't believe this is normal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.