Anyone out there? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Anyone out there?

Are there no Alfa owners in NE Ohio on the board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
no one else? just david?

1992 alfa romeo spider veloce
2000 saab 9-3 coupe
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David993s View Post
Are there no Alfa owners in NE Ohio on the board?
Looks like you're the only one there with an Alfa in the garage.

Loud pipes save lives.

1973 GTV - bought 3/06, intend to keep forever
1969 GTV, #AR1530021 - sold 10/72, guess didn't intend to keep forever
Current project: '69 Corvette bought in '73, DD '73 - '80, in storage 1989-2002, now apart

Last edited by lowmileage; 10-23-2008 at 01:17 PM.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Just us crickets

Oh my gosh . . .lowmileage . . .I was just thinking about you. I was reading a post that was starting to heat up , the ol' Milano as an autocrosser debate, hijacked here - http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/mila...rth-500-a.html - and was thinking it could really use some of your emoticons. You are the master. IMO ;-)

David993s,
Hi,
We be here in Eastlake. There is a fella, Mike, a few streets over in Willoughby, with an early 70s spider but I don't believe he's on the board. Another active board member, at least in the Spider (1966-Up) forum, is "kunzman". Todd has a 90 Graduate and is on the southwest side of town IIRC.

Where are you located? Are you with Alfa at the moment?
Feel free to give me a shout. I have had good intentions of making a NEO meeting but . . . .

Regards,
Gerry

'73 GTV - '78 Alfetta Sprint Veloce - '88 Milano Verde

Last edited by Dragline; 10-24-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: additions
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragline View Post
Oh my gosh . . .lowmileage . . .I was just thinking about you. I was reading a post that was starting to heat up , the ol' Milano as an autocrosser debate, hijacked here - http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/mila...rth-500-a.html - and was thinking it could really use some of your emoticons. You are the master. IMO ;-)

David993s,
Hi,
We be here in Eastlake. There is a fella, Mike, a few streets over in Willoughby, with an early 70s spider but I don't believe he's on the board. Another active board member, at least in the Spider (1966-Up) forum, is "kunzman". Todd has a 90 Graduate and is on the southwest side of town IIRC.

Where are you located? Are you with Alfa at the moment?
Feel free to give me a shout. I have had good intentions of making a NEO meeting but . . . .

Regards,
Gerry
Hello Gerry. Great to hear from another NEOhio Alfa owner. I'm in Hudson, but work in Highland Heights. I've have a (new to me) '91 Spider. Only got it about a month and a half ago and have only put about 250 miles on it. I'm really liking it and slowly learning about Alfa's (it's my first Alfa). It's just about time to put it away for the winter, so some serious mileage/driving will have to wait until next year.
Cheers.
Dave
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David993s View Post
. . It's just about time to put it away for the winter, so some serious mileage/driving will have to wait until next year.
Oh no . . .say it ain't so! You can probably dodge the snow flakes until mid December. Might need to blast the heater though.

I grew up in HH and still frequent the area. Let's see, you probably work at Progressive, or on Alpha (no, not Alfa) or Beta drives. Our company used to be located on Alpha (sounds kinda funny now) but moved downtown several years ago. Muligan's still serve pretty cold beer?

Hope to see you around.
Gerry

'73 GTV - '78 Alfetta Sprint Veloce - '88 Milano Verde
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragline View Post
Oh no . . .say it ain't so! You can probably dodge the snow flakes until mid December. Might need to blast the heater though.

I grew up in HH and still frequent the area. Let's see, you probably work at Progressive, or on Alpha (no, not Alfa) or Beta drives. Our company used to be located on Alpha (sounds kinda funny now) but moved downtown several years ago. Muligan's still serve pretty cold beer?

Hope to see you around.
Gerry
Not Progressive, but it does start with a "P".
Mulligan's still has cold beer and decent food. So if you're in the area, let me know and we'll meet for a beer and Alfa talk.
Dave
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM

NOt a current Alfa owner but I'm in Willoughby and am up to my ... whatever in my 1969 BMW 2002. I have been having "ideas" about some sort of Alfa sedan in the future.

John
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 AM

West Side

I am fairly new to Alfa (old to about everything else). In, what I believe you refer to as FAR WEST. I am working on a 79 Spider.

1979 Spider
2001 BMW 330

Last edited by Whitt49; 01-20-2009 at 11:22 AM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:30 PM

There is an active NE Ohio chapter of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club. That is the traditional organization which pre-dates the on-line era and has been around for 50 years. Their web site is Celebrating the Alfa Romeo in Northeast Ohio.

Best regards,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 07:25 PM

I"m a former member of the NEOAROC ( only cause it is a tossup- pay the AROC dues, or buy more parts... parts win) holding down the western front out here in Milan(South of Sandusky/Cedar Point) I know of 2 other club members close to me, if they post on here is a nother matter.
BTW, anyone know if they're having the Italian car show in Canton this year, or are they gonna keep the circus?

Don
81 Spider Veloce
"If it ain't broke...It will."
unoffical "dumbest owner on this board"
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 PM

I'm here . . .

. . . and freezing in Bay Village. I travel over 75% of the time for my job and have two young kids, so I miss most (all) of the NEOAROC meetings, but hey I still pay the dues. Looking forward to a Spring time Saturday drive right about now!

The Spider now is covered in the garage alongside the wife's new Highlander while my 2002 VW Jetta keeps getting blasted with snow.

Might finally listen to her and check out Vermillion Indoor Storage next year to keep the Spider in over the winter.

Todd
'90 Graduate
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfire17 View Post
...BTW, anyone know if they're having the Italian car show in Canton this year, or are they gonna keep the circus?
The car show should be on this year. From the web site (www.cantonitalianfesta.org):
Quote:
In order to provide space for the Zoppe Circus, we will not have a car show at our 2008 Festival. Our Italian Car and Cycle Show has become a very popular tradition and it is going to be missed, but be assured it will be back in 2009.
The 2009 Italian Car Festival and Show is scheduled for July 10 (Fri) thru July 12 (Sun).

Best regards,

Enrique
Milano 88 Verde
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 PM

WooHoo!!! Guess that means I need to trudge thru the snow to the garage and start getting the girl back together... hopefully thats not during the week of Boy Scout summer camp, or I'm going to have to miss it. grrr! Enrique, you are seriously on top of things, I stand in awe.

Don
81 Spider Veloce
"If it ain't broke...It will."
unoffical "dumbest owner on this board"
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfire17 View Post
WooHoo!!! Guess that means I need to trudge thru the snow to the garage and start getting the girl back together... hopefully thats not during the week of Boy Scout summer camp, or I'm going to have to miss it. grrr! Enrique, you are seriously on top of things, I stand in awe.
Thanks, Don, but the truth is that I am the newsletter editor for the Ohio Valley chapter, so I actually do look at the events way in advance. I penciled in the Canton Festival into the 2009 Calendar a few months back, along with other yearly events. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be going this year, since the Alfa Convention starts just a couple of days after Canton ends...

Best regards,

Enrique
Milano 88 Verde
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode