My new daily driver - Juliet - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ToonRboy Send a message via Skype™ to ToonRboy
Hmm, yeah, my car was a '89. Looked just as good & every thing worked too (incl ABS). The interior had just the slightest wear on the drvrs side Recaro...My Gold was an '89 as well. Had those spoked rims - which looked good on that car. The're very light but indeed, I went through a couple while wearing BF-Goodrich T/A ZR's (205/50). Had to switch to Goodyear Eagle GA's for everyday...

Find yourself some OZ Milano's or perhaps a set of '94 164 LS "Super" rims.
Name:  Exterior7.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  39.8 KB
'course, rims are a lot like shoes - beauty is very subjective
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 11:50 AM

Oh yeah, methinks that was the 164 "Q"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:55 AM

All the stock Alfa rims look nice and are super heavy. Phone dials are like 25lbs. for a 15". Most of the used rims on the Milano are bent. Always check first when buying used rims. Same thing goes for most aftermarket rims. Unless you get true rims, you'll get the Milano shimmy at the steering wheel.

Always try to get an extra rim if going aftermarket. Cheap insurance in the long run.

I've had four Milanos and had wheel problems with all of them. Of course, these cars were all used.

Unless you get forged or magnesium(they crack when they get old ), aluminum wheels tend to go on the street. Especially here in Northern California where they haven't repaired the roads in 20 years.

Last edited by Potenziato; 05-15-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Grant
Ive been able to get rid of all my steering wheel shimmy-ing with just a wheel balance.

Intereting info though.

1989 Verde - Harsh shocks and SS rears, 27mm torsion bars, stainless lines, pads, 16X7.5 rims, 4.10 rebuilt platinum tranny, poly bushes, and RSR 28mm front and 25.4mm adjustable sways!

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles
Old 05-15-2007, 04:43 PM

The spokes rims on Jes's car weigh about the same as the campy's on the GTV (~16lbs?)
Old 06-02-2007, 10:41 AM

Some updates to the car. I washed it this morning and took a few pics Been commuting in it every single day since purchasing it. It is a solid car, with the ARC working perfectly And, I have never seen power windows this fast on a Milano/75 (have had 6 of them over the years).

Anyway, I replaced the O-rings and shaft seal on the PS pump. That eliminated the main part of the PS leak (foaming and over-flowing through the reservoir). There is still a weep through the right seal on the rack, and a rebuild rack is on the list - already have it. I put on a set of Euro headlights I had along with a set of Euro front turn signals, although I wired them for US running lights. I put on a set of 17x7 Team Dynamics Pro Race I wheels I had with 205/40-17 BFGoodrich G-force Sport. A momo steering wheel and shift knob (that I also had) went on, along with a set of comfortable Sparco Seats (out of the 3.2).

The 17" wheels vs. the stock 15" wheels have a very big impact on comfort The ride was very comfy with the 15", but is somewhat stiff with the 17" - the difference is larger than I recall. With the 15" and yellow Konis it was outright soft - to the point I could not believe it had yellow Konis.

I do need a left front fog light (lense is cracked) if anyone has one laying around.

Jes
Attached Images

(Repeating what I suggest or do, is at your own risk - be critical)

Last edited by AR4me; 06-02-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Grant
Looks awesome Jes!

If you havne't used Koni yellows before, they can be very soft...they are only slightly stiffer in the compression department as the stock Boges and can be made even softer I think than the Boges in rebound as well. I had my rebound set a little stiffer for a sporty ride and to help on transitions somewhat.

1989 Verde - Harsh shocks and SS rears, 27mm torsion bars, stainless lines, pads, 16X7.5 rims, 4.10 rebuilt platinum tranny, poly bushes, and RSR 28mm front and 25.4mm adjustable sways!

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles
Old 06-03-2007, 01:25 PM

Very nice I haven't friven my car since my torn Achilies can't wait to drive it.

Nice to see you passion for Milanos
Old 06-03-2007, 06:22 PM

Wow interior looks very very clean. And the TDs suit it really nicely (though that's a given )

ROCK ON
R~R
Old 06-03-2007, 07:09 PM

Ahhh, the way that car was meant to be Jes, thanks again for a great transaction. BTW I have manual for the head unit and speakers if you want them. Email me and we'll figure it out.
74 GTV (still have conjugal visits at least)
1987 Milano Verde (now in good hands)

Last edited by Storsav; 06-03-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storsav View Post
thanks again for a great transaction.
Thank you - I'm very happy with the car! Hope you found a replacement car suiting the drum-set need. Yeah, I'll like those manuals.
Jes
Old 06-03-2007, 09:47 PM

I got a 2001 Toyota 4Runner, so yes good for the drums, and has cup holders.

PM me your address and I'll send the manuals your way.
74 GTV (still have conjugal visits at least)
1987 Milano Verde (now in good hands)
Old 06-03-2007, 09:52 PM

PM sent. Thanks a lot!
Jes
Old 06-06-2007, 09:35 PM

you might be interested in these if your 17's are too much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...125332959&rd=1

and of course, the konis are adjustable. maybe they're set too soft. and while i've never used yellows on a milano, on the cars i have had them on (scirocco & 944 turbo) i've found that the softest setting and the stiffest are pretty useless. or maybe the konis are worn out/blown. they're pretty decent when new but when they're worn, they're horrible. then again, next to your rsr's, konis are kind of garbage.

nice car, though and so much better without the platinum wheels. (i hate those wheels and of course that's what's on mine!)

77 Alfetta Sedan, 87 Milano, 86 Porsche 944 Turbo, 87 VW Scirocco 16 Valve
Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 PM

If this isn't going to be a track car, just change the tires to Kumho SPT 205/45/17. I guess you should also change to a 4.10 gearbox.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.