2nd 3.7 Litre 24 Valve Milano Project! - Page 30 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 10-14-2007, 11:54 AM

Milano hood in carbon-fiber, integrated GTV6 hood-bulge, Tea-tray removed - ricer-mesh screen view... 5kgs - bear CF finish w/clearcoat...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 PM

intake

what kinda pipe did u use for ur intake ?
where can i get some?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 PM

Good job JJ! I don't know how many times I've played the vid of the startup for friends and wished mine sounded like that. Someday, someday...

Looking forward to seeing it on my next trip north.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmilano View Post
where can i get some?
Made to work with the 6 individual throttle-bodies that reside underneath - they are custom made - shaped by hand - from aluminium...

Any way, some of us have seen the shots of this car before, but just for grins - here it is again - a European 75 with a GTV6 hood-bulge integrated in to it and what appears to be an open mesh area where the GTV6 tea-tray used to reside.
Attached Images

Last edited by junglejustice; 10-14-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mezevenf Send a message via AIM to Mezevenf Send a message via MSN to Mezevenf Send a message via Yahoo to Mezevenf Send a message via Skype™ to Mezevenf
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejustice View Post
Quote:
where can i get some?
Made to work with the 6 individual throttle-bodies that reside underneath - they are custom made - shaped by hand - from aluminium...
I think he meant the pipes from the runners to the air filters
Old 10-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Dryer hose... Ha-ha -

Nope - these are specific aluminium flex-tubes that I got from Greg Gordon for the job! You can actually run boost through them!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:15 PM

Hang on a minute - Is that carbon fibre being used as the plastic trim along the side of the red car?

ROCK ON
R~R
Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Kind-o looks that way doesn't it...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mezevenf Send a message via AIM to Mezevenf Send a message via MSN to Mezevenf Send a message via Yahoo to Mezevenf Send a message via Skype™ to Mezevenf
Yes, yes it is.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:17 PM

dryer hose

would removing my stock air box and replacing it with dryer hose attached to a cone filter with some kinda heat shield be a good idea or would i loose power?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:44 PM

Are you going to be binning the Amber front indicators for some Clear ones?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
would removing my stock air box and replacing it with dryer hose attached to a cone filter with some kinda heat shield be a good idea or would i loose power?
Removing or fitting a larger AFM from a BMW would be more beneficial. It's the biggest bottleneck in the system.

http://www.alfagtv6.com/afm_mods.htm

ROCK ON
R~R
Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 AM

I'll likely go clear corners eventually - for now I am fighting the pedal-box conversion and focused on getting the brake-lines in so that I can go and drive this thing...!

I wouldn't do the dryer hose thing - will look like shei-it if you ask me and I don't know what the insulating factor is - may make it worse...! BTW - Greg's coned-filter is MUCH better than the run of the mill K&Ns, or K&N knock-offs out there...

IF anything - Greg's tubes look better and work well, but even then - question the gains from just doing those with a K&N style filter, when you still have the restriction of the AFM up-stream - and not to mention - an in-ability to capitalize on any additional air (no way to control fuel...)

I know Greg won't agree with me on this one, but either find a way to get rid of the restrictive AFM (after-market engine-management system like we did), or at the very least a larger BMW-type BOSCH AFM - the restriction is upstream - not in the airbox.

I get this question a GREAT DEAL; "open intakes" - larger intakes - K&N filters etc - think of it this way - really you should start with the mechanical unit and work forward - not the other way around! If there is not an increased ability to process more air then it is useless! Even forcing it in, if you are not going to increase fuel-supply, you're pissin' in the wind and even then, you need to cool it, process it, get it out faster etc. (The air, not the piss... )

Once you have increased the mechanical unit's ability to process more air/fuel mixture (bigger displacement, higher compression, more cam, higher-flowing heads, free headers etc - then additional airflow in, makes sense...

Heat-shielding works either way.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:17 AM

The shop had a GTV6 in for motor R&R and I guess that they needed to lay the hood somewhere - PHOTO-OPP!!!

I think that it's going to look very sharp in a clear-coat CF finish, with the GTV6 bulge and stainless-mesh where the black plastic tea-tray used to be, the trunk in a clear-coat CF finish as well and then the rest of the car in "Ducati Dark" - that flat matte charcoal black with a very slight "spec" in it and no gloss...

The dry areas of this faded GTV6 hood is almost it...

Any way - seems like the CF hood/trunk/custom fender and rear wheel-arch projects are about to be back on track again - I'll keep you guys posted!
Attached Images

Last edited by junglejustice; 11-01-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:41 AM

Any way, installed the new NRG version 2.5 quick-release - looks good. Nice piece - it has the lip to pull on to release and the wheel only goes back on one way so it is always correct - unlike other cheap quick-releases where the wheel will actually click on upside down!

I had the standard Milano "hub" on there before, then the RSR extender and then the quick release, but it proved to be TOO much extension! I had to drop something and out went the black Alfa hub-thing - so now it's just the RSR extension serving as the hub and then the NRG quick release (essentially doubles as an extender) and then my Personal steering wheel.

Also, Sparco faux-CF shift-knob from the Verde - some new leather knob that I bought looked better in the street car any way and the CF-ricer piece will go nice with all of the other more trick items on the race car.

One more - the custom Magnecor wires that we had them make for us (as seen here on Jes' 3.7.) - Specific lengths, specific connectors, sealing plug-heads etc.

They have the "pin-type" connectors on the coil side to go with the Alfa 155 coil-packs that have these little exact-fit pins inside there - rather than the normal brass "ring-type" connections of many other coil-packs. It also has the relieves cut in to the plug-heads so that they will lay down underneath the plenums!

With lots of measuring back and forth - not only did we get the right length plug-heads, but they also sourced the correct diameter units for us that now seal at the valve-covers!
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.