Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa 75 ts injectors

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Mound Dawg 
#1 ·
The stock alfa 75 ts injectors is the 0 280 150 702 with 190cc/min at 3bar, can I use the 0 280 150 701 with 240cc/min from alfa 3.0lt v6 engines? can motronic handle this bigger injectors?
My engine is totaly rebuild with ported head, little higher compretion and road max cams, exhaust manifold etc. I know use squadra chip but I will make a custom program.
What you believe is waste of money or I must change the injectors?

#2 · (Edited)
A 26% increase in injector size will require a 26% reduction in injector open time to prevent over fueling at low and medium loads.
A propper chip tune could/should be able to work with this assuming the early Motronic systems can operate at that small an opening time.
It isn't that small, but they are an old system they just might not be able to provide a 26% shorter injector open time.
You can't just use some generic 'off the shelf' chip and expect it to run your engine with bigger injectors, ported head and higher compression. It will need to be specifically tuned.
Real time tuning (engine held at a given rev/load point and fuel or ignition timing is changed to get the best torque output (on the dyno)) is the best.
Failing that, an interceptor type device like a Unichip or Haltech interceptor could be used, but I prefer the ones that modify the injector open times, not change the output of the airflow meter to effect fueling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.