TZ2 replica possibilities - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 06:38 AM

Alfettapb "Wish I could have driven a TZ2 in period across europe"

Not wishing to stir up controversy but clearly you have never driven a TZ2 on the road....the TZ 1 if you wish was a road/racer the TZ2 solely a racer...

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 07:50 AM

Richards ...sure a number of TZ1's were road cars and not racers and the TZ2 used solely for racing in period....however one could say the T33 stradale was just a racer with two seats and that was a road coupe and also there is I believe on youtube but maybe since reomoved of period footage in the late 60's of some US enthusiasts of ITalian sports cars...I believe 3 had each a Ferrari GTO and the other a Ferrari 250 california spyder, driving though the Californian hills with hardly any traffic about...and the GTO was also solely a racer
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 01:19 AM

not bad for the money I suppose
1965 Alfa Romeo TZ1 Tribute | Coys of Kensington

more interesting is this little lot!
Alfa Romeo TZ1 ? comprehensive set of original components | Coys of Kensington

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 10:27 AM

I agree with most of you; driving nowadays a classic car will never be the same as driving it in '60-'70...too many things are different now...street regulation...safety concept...people mind ...

I'm quite young and no enough money to buy or just have an experience with a car like this by myself (even if I builted it ;-))) but what I really feel is that it seems like an experience to be done if you are a car addicted.
It is a mix of adrenaline for the engine sound, a pleasure for eyes and a satisfaction for engineers.
I'm mostly an engineer and I have discovered that those classic cars are really ...but really (... it's not just a word ...) masterpieces !!!

I guess that the best experiences we all could have nowadays is to partecipate to track days ...it would be very nice to rent a classic replica like TZ2 and drive some lap...
For sure the ownership of cars like that it is a different thing...a complete different experience.
Personally speaking I'm not really addicted to collectionism even if I would have enough money. Unfortunately the problem is not ;-)))
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:44 PM

soon we will all be in cars which drive themselves without a motor noise.it's the end of civilization.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode