Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Homer Tsakis's Cars

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Fred Puhn 
#1 ·
Hello,

Homer Tsakis was my great uncle and I've found some pictures of his old cars, due to being a new member I can't post images or links yet. If anyone has any additional pictures, information or history of any of his cars I'd greatly appreciate it!

I never really knew too much about my great uncle until my uncle passed and found old pictures of Homer's car collection. Upon trying to gather information regarding the cars in the pictures (6c 2500 & Nardi) it has lead me to this forum, so I figured this might be the best place to inquire. From what I've learned from my family is that Homer and my grandfather would restore/ work on these cars at his house in upstate NY, doing the mechanical and body repairs there.

Looking forward to being able to learn more about his prior vehicles and being able to post pictures of his cars that I have yet to find posted anywhere else on the internet to hopefully benefit the community and current owners.

#2 ·
Welcome to AlfaBB, Malbie -- I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing your pictures!!!

Luckily, AlfaBB has a Testing Area where post count can be increased quickly without diluting the quality of discussion threads.

#4 · (Edited)
One of his cars was a 6C1750 GS Zagato with a disappearing top. It was finished in dark blue with ox-blood seats.

A friend of mine bought this car from Homer's estate. Homer had run it in the Mille Miglia retro, possibly with Ali Lugo as co-driver. We ran it in a many events including California Mille and 95 Mille Miglia retro - I have very fond memories of that car having spent a fair bit of time behind the wheel. I may have some pictures somewhere.

Here's a link from when the car was sold at auction: http://www.rmsothebys.com/mo11/monterey/lots/1932-alfa-romeo-6c-1750-gs-5th-series-by-zagato/1057391

Attachments

#5 ·
One of his cars was a 6C1750 GS Zagato with a disappearing top. It was finished in dark blue with ox-blood seats.

A friend of mine bought this car from Homer's estate. Homer had run it in the Mille Miglia retro, possibly with Ali Lugo as co-driver. We ran it in a many events including California Mille and 95 Mille Miglia retro - I have very fond memories of that car having spent a fair bit of time behind the wheel. I may have some pictures somewhere.
I'm not too knowledgeable about Alfa's, but i think thats possibly the car i have the most pictures of. Please dont hesitate to post those pictures if you can find them!

#8 ·
That's a great car. You can find some more information about it in this thread.

#9 ·
Homer was a friend I enjoyed visiting whenever I was in his area. We met in 1981 when I bought an Aston DB2 from him. (LML/390, recently auctioned). He then had his Alfa 1750 (with an endearingly shabby blue paint job), and I think his 6C2500-based roadster. There were others that were unrestored projects, maybe a BMW 328, maybe an SS100. He wanted to buy back the Aston but I loved the car and said no. My most memorable visit was when he had THREE Maserati 200SI sports racers! After he got his first, people started saying, Oh, I didn't know you liked those. I've got one too, Want it? He'd just taken one to Lime Rock for a shakedown. It ran well, but the paint was falling off, etc. He offered it to me for $25K, and I wanted it in the worst way. I had no savings, and a job with an annual salary of $18K. I went to my bank, and unbelievably, they offered me a loan, but I chickened out. Big mistake. In just a few years, it was worth ten times as much. It taught me a lesson that changed my life: if you have what you KNOW is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (and I did), DON'T MISS IT! Do whatever it takes. A bit later I traded him some 6C2500 chassis parts for a cylinder head; I think he was putting together a bitsa of some kind. He was a lovely man, someone I looked forward to seeing on my trips north.

#10 ·
I purchased an Abarth 207A Boano Spyder from Homer in the mid 70s. It was serial number 010. The color was rose and cream. I restored the car over a 20 year time and put it into several vintage races and car shows. The car is still being actively raced by its present owner. Homer had some neat cars of the type that I like. I did meet him at a car event somewhere. Nice person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.