Help , Alfetta in Wisconsin , have to move - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By alfi59

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Red face Help , Alfetta in Wisconsin , have to move

Hi there, recently I bought an Alfetta Sprint 79 in ebay in Wisconsin for to bring to Mexico. But I have a bad experience with transporters until now and should to pick-up soon.
Is there someone around New London , Wi that can help me ? know how to move to the south ? I will appreciate any help /advise . Thanks , Fernando
65Sprint likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
UShip Shipping Brokers

I recently had a good experience with a transporter I selected through an online Broker Service called UShip. I learned about them by asking my Alfa mechanic who has a lot of cars coming and going to his shop from different places. He uses them.

Here's the process:

You list what you're shipping, where to and from, and when. The different transporter services bid on the job. I received nine bids. The site has customer ratings, allowing you to choose the best balance of price and rating. I paid about $1200 for enclosed shipping from Virginia to Texas. Open trailer shipping is less expensive - although I specified enclosed transport I got a couple offers for open transport anyway, and they were roughly 1/3 cheaper. This bid process costs nothing and you don't pay anything unless you decide to use one of the bids so you can walk away if you decide it's too expensive or you don't like the companies who bid.

I choose a company with lots of experience and high ratings, and was pleased with the experience. They picked up within 4 days of my selection of them, and delivered 5 days later.; as promised. Payment was $500 to UShip upon accepting a company and the balance to the truck driver upon accepting delivery. I paid roughly $100 extra for insurance, but Hagerty would have covered any problems, so that probably wasn't a necessary decision.

I won't recommend a specific company, mostly because I imagine that the companies bidding on routes from Wisconson to Mexico would be different than those transporting from Virginia to Texas.

https://www.uship.com

71 Spider

Last edited by Lokki; 08-12-2016 at 04:38 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Lokki , thanks very much for you advise . I will contact them . i hired one named Xtreme Transports , they
just collect his comision without results , so I decided to cancel .

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Good news , the Alfetta is in Mcallen , Tx right now , thanks to a transporter " mueve tu carro.com " . they handle the car
very efficient . Tomorrow is going to be check it and will see if it fire , at least . Cost $ 1300 from near the canadian border
to the mexican border . Regards , Fernando
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 06:42 PM

Great news, Fernando. Are you going to drive the Alfetta home? Please post some photos.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode