Greetings from NYAROC - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Greetings from NYAROC

Yiasas Paidia!!! I wanted to extend a warm hello from NY USA and from the NYAROC. We have a vital and exciting club and we now have a Greek-American President. My name is Dino Pappous. I was born in NY but parents, brother, and sister were born in St. George Sykousis, Xios. If anyone comes to NY to visit, please contact me via PM on this site and I will arrange a welcome to NY. Once again, hello from NY and ZHTO H ELLAS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 02:55 PM

Hello from Greece back to you, Dino
I just saw your post, I am one of the members that created the Hellenic Alfa Romeo Owners Club, I know there are other members of HAROC in this forum also, I live in Kalamata in the south of Greece, I have relatives in New York, Los Angeles and Oregon, thank you for your initiative for anyone that comes in New York. Be always good (Na eisai panta kala).
Takis.

1750 GT Veloce 1a serie
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Xepete Takis! The biggest problem with being an Alfisti in the USA is that we haven't seen a new Alfa (excluding the 8 C) since 1995!!!!! If you go to the NY chapter web site New York Alfa Romeo Club - Welcome. you will be able to see how excited our chapter is about Alfa!!! I am hoping that through the acquisition of a controlling share in Chrysler, we will see some new Alfas in the US but I don't want to see a rebadged Dodge selling as an Alfa. We will see. Go to the site and you will see me and my 64 Stepnose coupe (look for the Greek flag hanging off the rear view mirror!) ZHTO 25 MAPTIOU!!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:42 AM

Hello Dino
Indeed (ZHTO H 25 MARTIOY), i found your picture you and your Sprint GT beautiful car and i like the Stil Auto wheels. It seems that your club is like a big family, i like that.
Keep it an Alfa heart.
Takis.

1750 GT Veloce 1a serie
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

And Takis, if you navigate the site, you will see we have some pretty cool cars in our club. Our Treasurer has a TZ 1, in addition we have numerous 105 body coupes (from Stepnoses through 2 litre versions), spiders, duettos, and even a couple of Fiat Dino spiders!! Anyway, nice talking to you. I plan on going to Greece this summer. My wife is from Kastoria and my parents have an apartment in Ano Voula. I will probably be in Kastoria mostly but we may try to go to Xios and Halkidiki. If I go, maybe we can arrange for an Alfa rental!!! Yia xara.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM

My my but the world is getting smaller, I'm Greek, born in Cyprus but subsequently moved to Greece with my parents after the war with the Turks back in 74', came to South Africa when I was 13 back in 76', finished school & university then back to Cyprus to do my National Service in the Greek national Guard, spent just over a year in Greece at the Officers Academy then at Sxoln Katadromon in Rentina, then Parachute School in Crete & back to Cyprus for another two years as commissioned officer in 31 Moipa Katadromon in Zygi.
I then returned to SA, my wife is from Sparti, we have a home in Brahami-Athens & we spend around 3-5 months of the year in Greece, presently my wife & mother-in-law are over there, me, I'm just messing around with my Alfa's, I was lucky, had a successfull career & retired early(2008) at 45.
So, we try to avoid winter, when it's summer between May-September I'm at the home in Athens & then October-April it's summer in SA....................permanent tan........
I'm actually quite happy that I decided against moving all my finances,investments etc out of SA & moving to Greece since the recession hit Greece in a bad way, thank God down here we have been relatively untouched.
I'm playing things safe for the moment but truth be told,"San tin Ellada then Yparxi kalitero meros".
Znto n Ellada mas".
Timntika,
Yiannis

06' 147GTA(Blue) Glenwood Motors 3.8L 6XITB's 375bhp/400Nm
03' 156GTA(Red) Glenwood Motors 3.7L+Turbo 500bhp+/600Nm+ on 95RON unleaded pump gas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode