introduction and tire recommendation - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
introduction and tire recommendation

I greatly appreciate the generosity of members to share their wisdom. You've gotten me through several situations over the last 3 years. Thank you.

I have a 1986 Spider Quad with 69,000 miles which I purchased 3 years ago. I live in the mountains of North Georgia where no traffic, hills and curves make it a fun place to drive. I am currently using General Tire Altimax HP 195/60 15 on 'phonedial' rims and definitely need 2 new front tires.

One thread recommended Bridgestone Portenza 205/50 15. Other than possibly adjusting the speed/tach are there any serious issues going to that tire? Do they provide noticeably improved cornering? Will I need Schwarzenegger arms to maneuver it in a parking lot?

I don't go to the track, just trying to keep up with a Boxter and a Honda S2000 during jaunts into the mountains.

Last edited by Jd Santucci; 04-23-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:52 PM

can't help you but wish someone would.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:09 AM

Garage
Hello Jd!

I actually have the exact tires on my 1974 GTV! Performance-wise, they are definitely great - more grip than I can use for my skill really

However, being smaller overall diameter, you will experience a little bit of increase in RPM in highway cruising. When it comes time to change my tires, I might switch to a 205/55/15 instead.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode