Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo

Hi fellow Alfisti,

New to the world of Alfa with a 73 105 GT Veloce 2000.

Just wondering if anyone has contacted the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo recently for information on their Alfa.

I received the following email back. Has anyone else been asked to pay for information? Wow

Following your request, we would like to inform you that from our search in the production registers concerning the chassis number you provided, the following information is available:

- Model
- Production date
- Delivery date
- Market destination
- Exterior color
- Interior

The Certificate of Origin, printed on high-quality paper, will be sent to the address you have provided. A preview will be sent to your email address. The cost of this service is 70.00€.

As an alternative, the information could be provided in the text of an e-mail. The cost of this service is 30.00 €.

If you have the current engine number, we can check whether it’s original.

After you send us your confirmation by replying to this email, we will proceed to sending you the payment instructions.

Kind regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:11 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Yes, this seems to be the new policy since the archive reopened earlier his year.

No all that expensive -- and certainly far less expensive than (but not as detailed as) information one gets from Ferrari or Maserati.

-Ruedi
'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, now a restomod in Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:53 AM

Garage
All,

Provided this statement:

"If you have the current engine number, we can check whether its original."

Do you think it's safe to assume that Alfa Centro Documentation is simply confirming if the engine number falls in the range of chassis numbers for a given model?

Or, is a more specific documentation of engine/chassis number now being offered by alfa ?

What do you think?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 AM

They have specific documentation that match engine and VIN number.

Nice, they can print certificate now!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygtveloce View Post
"If you have the current engine number, we can check whether it’s original."

Do you think it's safe to assume that Alfa Centro Documentation is simply confirming if the engine number falls in the range of chassis numbers for a given model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Pershyn View Post
They have specific documentation that match engine and VIN number.
The answer depends on model and year. I've been to the archive myself and have seen the 2600 documentation (I was granted complete, unsupervised access for research I was doing). These records are handwritten accounting ledgers, not build sheets, and there is NO information in these books concerning engine numbers.

But, it appears that when Alfa switched from handwritten records to computerized records for later models, they seem to have recorded engine numbers as well (for example, compare with what D'Amico & Tabucchi show on p. 13-16 of their book -- the computer printout for 105.12 (2000 Berlina) cars from 1971 seem to have chassis as well as engine numbers listed for each car, as shown in the picture below). So, yes, for a 73 GTV, I would expect that they have computerized records with the actual engine number, not just a number range.

However, there may be corporate policies in place that prevent the archive from releasing engine information up front where such information exists. They may be allowed to tell you if the number matches, not what it's supposed to look like -- similar to a testing whether your key fits the lock rather than telling you what the key for the lock should look like (e.g. to prevent fakes, etc.). By the same token, it appears the archive can no longer release the name and/or city of the first owner, even if they know it (which would only apply to sales in Italy).

Name:  P1040903 (cropped).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  70.5 KB

-Ruedi
'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, now a restomod in Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).

Last edited by tubut; 04-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:48 AM

Thank you for the clarification, I have never requested information about cars made before 70s.

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM

I should email them on my 64 Sprint GT

86 Porsche 911 - 76 Bmw 2002 - 72 Datsun 240z - 68 Porsche 912
64 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT (IG: righteousrags89)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM

As I understand Marco Fazio returned to historical services - Manager at FCA Heritage. I hope positive changes are coming

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode