Gta Steering Wheel - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 02-24-2005, 06:20 PM

Gta Steering Wheel

I was just wondering how big the GTA steering wheel is (how many mm).

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2005, 11:10 PM

The Hellebore GTA wheel if we talk about the same thing, must be 360mm, but I am not sure 100%. You'd better make a question at www.Alfaholics.com or www.classicalfa.com that they sell them.
ďAlfa Romeo is not merely a maker of automobiles : it truly is something more than a conventionally built car. It is a kind of affliction, an enthusiasm for a means of transport. It is a way of living, a very special way of perceiving the motor vehicle. What it is resists definition. Its elements are like those irrational character traits of the human spirit which cannot be explained in logical terms. They are sensations, passions, things that have much more to do with manís heart than with his brainĒ.
Orazio Satta

gt1300junior, '67
gt1600junior, '73
giulia 1300 ti, '67
giulia sprint gt, '64 (needs heavy resto)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-25-2005, 02:35 AM

'64 Sprint GT

Hey Nino

Check out my '64 Sprint GT, 00504. 751969

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...9&goto=newpost

Guess we're in the same "Heavy resto" position...........may be worth corresponding when we both get there ??

Cheers
Greig
Old 02-25-2005, 03:05 AM

Hi Gt Junior,

You can check it on www.afra.it if I remember right they mention the measurment on their site.

Cheers

1968 GTA 1600 Replica
Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfistiSA
Hey Nino

Check out my '64 Sprint GT, 00504. 751969.....
Hi Greig. I am confused. What are these numbers 00504. 751969 ?

As I know Sprint GT is tipo 105.02. Mine had chassis number 602291. (I say 'had' because there is a very sad story, I will tell you sometime)

Ciao
ďAlfa Romeo is not merely a maker of automobiles : it truly is something more than a conventionally built car. It is a kind of affliction, an enthusiasm for a means of transport. It is a way of living, a very special way of perceiving the motor vehicle. What it is resists definition. Its elements are like those irrational character traits of the human spirit which cannot be explained in logical terms. They are sensations, passions, things that have much more to do with manís heart than with his brainĒ.
Orazio Satta

gt1300junior, '67
gt1600junior, '73
giulia 1300 ti, '67
giulia sprint gt, '64 (needs heavy resto)
Old 02-25-2005, 06:02 AM

Alright, thanks everyone.

Iím having a hard time choosing a steering wheel for my 68 GT 1300 JUNIOR. I was thinking the GTA steering wheel or maybe an E.Nardi. I like the GTA steering wheel better but the price of an E.Nardi better. I also saw the MOMO Daytona (I think thatís what it is called) which is nice, it looks a little the GTA style. Iím donít know which to choose.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:36 AM

The RHD & LHD Sprint GT's had different Chassis designations & a different number sequence, 10502 vs 10504.

GT Junior - I have a Euro 1750 Berlina wood rim wheel on my '69 1300 GT J, the rims is fake wood, (plastic), but it really looks good with the fake wood dash. I used the black centre cap from the original 1300 2 spoke wheel. The rim thickness of both wheels is the same. Looks really good on the car.

There's a picture of my red 1300 on the web link in of my of my posts above.

Ciao
Greig
Yes, that is a pseudo GTA Quadrifoglio on the side.....
Cheers
Greig
Old 02-28-2005, 01:51 AM

GTA steering wheel on ebay

need one complete with his hub? try here:
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW
it could be cheaper than the ones from the most famous dealers.
ciao
Old 02-28-2005, 09:27 AM

AlfistiSA- Thanks, but I already have a berlina steering wheel on my 68 GT JUNIOR and I donít like the it sits. Iím not sure if itís a berlina or a GTV 2000 but I think itís a berlina because I read somewhere that the GTV 2000 steering wheels were thicker than the berlina ones, and if I remember correctly it was thicker on my GTV 2000 that I used to have. I find that itís too close to me when I sit in it. But I got lots of time to decide, the car is in restoration and Iím still working on the body.

Thanks anyways
Old 02-28-2005, 03:39 PM

The GTA steering wheel is 380mm in diameter. I have an original for my '67 GTV and bought a new one for my Duetto which I never installed and would like to sell. They really look beautiful. I bought the new one on Ebay a couple of years back but it was missing the horn button. Let me know if your interested. Peter.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2005, 01:23 AM

Nice wheel, how much do you ask to sell it?
Old 03-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Afra

I just received a GTA steering wheel from AFRA. Price was the best I've found, but still expensive. I notice it's a little diferent than the one shown above by classicalfas. You can see the holes in the spokes are a bit smaller. And the screws on the hub may be recessed more on mine, but that is hard to make out. The construction seems to be great and the aluminum is nicely polished. Actually, it may be a bit too bright, plain aluminum might have been 'sportier'. The only 'flaws' are on the horn button, the alfa logo is a bit crude and roughly done. But frankly, that may match much of the other fittings in the GTV ;-).
Euro 382,50 plus 57,01 express shiping from Italy to California (took 4 days).
It was expensive, but that's the cheapest I've seen for these, and AFRA was great to work with via fax.
Carl
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.